X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Fate/Zero Blu-ray Box 1 [Import]

Widgets Magazine

Fate/Zero Blu-ray Box 1 [Import] due out on 3/7/12. | Trailer
    RightStuf.com listings | Due to licensing restrictions, this product cannot be shipped to Japan.
    Volume: Box I (while supplies last)
    SKU #: ANSX-9431-9437
    UPC code: 4534530051691
    Release Date: 03/07/12
    SRP: $498.98
    Retail Price: $369.98

Bonus (US and Canada only): English translation booklet (* Translation of the Japanese production material booklet)

Disc Spec
    ■ Languages: Japanese
    ■ Video: 16:9 / HD Widescreen / 1920 x 1080p / MPEG-4 AVC
    ■ Audio: Japanese: Linear PCM/Stereo 48KHz/24bit
    ■ Subtitles: Japanese & English
    ■ Extras: New bonus animation (written by Kinoko Nasu), Trailers, TV Spots, Textless Opening and Ending
    ■ Episodes: Episodes 1-13 with unaired new footage
    ■ Total Run Time: approx. 330 min.
    ■ Region: --
    ■ Rating: 17 UP graphic violence

Product General Info
    PRODUCT INCLUDES:
    ■ Set of 7 discs (5 Blu-ray discs + 2 Bonus CDs)
    ■ Exclusive Box artwork by Takashi Takeuchi
    ■ Deluxe Digipak
    ■ Fate/Zero Animation Materials
    ■ Bonus videos

Bonus Materials
    BD BONUS
    ■ New Bonus Animation (written by Kinoko Nasu)
    ■ Trailers
    ■ TV Spots
    ■ Textless Opening and Ending

BONUS CDs
    ■ CD1 “Fate/Zero Original Soundtracks Vol.1 (Music by Yuki Kajiura)
    ■ CD2 “Original Drama CD” (written by Gen Urobuchi)

PRODUCTION MATERIAL BOOKLET (Printed)
    *comes with English translation booklet.
    ■ Exclusive staff interviews, conceptual art, and other “never-seen-before” production materials

www.FateZeroUSA.com
    © Nitroplus / TYPE-MOON, ufotable, FZPC
    Last edited by WTK; 05-02-2012, 02:42 PM.

Re: Fate/Zero Blu-ray Box 1

So that's what the main cover art would look like. It looks good to me. I'm curious about the packaging as well. And I will probably decide on whether to get this or not sometime in January.

Comment

If this is the cover, my response is *shrug*

Not that I was ever seriously thinking about buying this release in the first place. For that amount of money, there are many other things I could get that would last longer and have more long-term value.
      Avatar: Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate the Combat Butler.
      Scratchy for Tama is angry.
      I'm a little tired now...I want soda.
      Casual

Comment

The cover art does look nice. Unfortunately, as good as the show is, it is not the one I will import this season.

Comment

It's a nice piece of artwork, but it doesn't have me crying over the fact that I can't afford to get this as much as the packaging shots inevitably will.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
            So that's what the main cover art would look like. It looks good to me. I'm curious about the packaging as well. And I will probably decide on whether to get this or not sometime in January.
            This makes me want it even more, and I decided I wanted it the day Aniplex USA solicited it.

Man, when are they going to reveal the spreadsheet, the wait is killing me.I badly want to see how it looks.
            Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

I really like the cover. Can't wait.

Comment

Great cover, obscenely overpriced. I'd rather have the cheaper release down the line.
                "I'm sorry, did you say something? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
                Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table~
                Avatar: Grown up Yue Ayase from Negima.

Comment

No complaints if that's going to be the front cover. I'd really like to see how the contents are going to look; given that it's digipaks, that should provide slightly larger surface area for whatever artwork they use.

I guess I'm going to be keeping my TRSI preorder for the translation booklet, since I know I can't sufficiently manage on my own, and canceling my Amazon Japan preorder.
                  asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                  Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                  Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I actually like that piece of art, so I guess we shall see whether I pick it up. Wouldn't mind if there was a complete set in the future I could import, but based on that description courtesy of WTK, I can't complain too much.

Comment

Looks nice, but I'm supporting this. Aniplex needs to learn they can't keep pricing things the same as Japan. If they want to stop Japan from buying them, they should make it so only the US can buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonpiece View Post
                        Looks nice, but I'm supporting this. Aniplex needs to learn they can't keep pricing things the same as Japan. If they want to stop Japan from buying them, they should make it so only the US can buy it.
                        I think you forgot the word "not" in there somewhere.

And, while I feel like a broken record posting this, Aniplex is a Japanese company and this set is a Japanese product that they are distributing through their own U.S. subsidiary, so of course it's priced the same as in Japan, because it IS the Japanese product.

There are a whole bunch of different reasons and ways that folks can talk about Aniplex, their U.S. subsidiary, and their inconvenient release strategy. It baffles me that people keep choosing this one, because it makes no sense relative to the situation at hand.

And the day someone discovers a way to prevent people in one country from buying a video product from another country, report to your nearest Hollywood studio boardroom immediately, in order to henceforth be financially set for life.
                        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"

Comment

Then my purchase is dedicated to the spirit of simultaneous high quality releases like this. There are countries other than Japan and the US out there, and not all of them can support decent anime releases. Since I'm fluent in English and have money, I'll buy your releases too, thanks. We have enough absurd region locking to deal with with simulcasts as is.

Comment

They are already doing that. From the Rightstuf page...
                            Due to licensing restrictions, this product cannot be shipped to Japan.
                            Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                            I think you forgot the word "not" in there somewhere.

And, while I feel like a broken record posting this, Aniplex is a Japanese company and this set is a Japanese product that they are distributing through their own U.S. subsidiary, so of course it's priced the same as in Japan, because it IS the Japanese product.

There are a whole bunch of different reasons and ways that folks can talk about Aniplex, their U.S. subsidiary, and their inconvenient release strategy. It baffles me that people keep choosing this one, because it makes no sense relative to the situation at hand.

And the day someone discovers a way to prevent people in one country from buying a video product from another country, report to your nearest Hollywood studio boardroom immediately, in order to henceforth be financially set for life.
                            And yet, despite the price, just like Garden of Sinners, it'll sell out before it's release.

Only reason why the Rurouni Kenshin BD's, the Baccano! BD import (Different packaging.), and the R.O.D. BD box (Ironically, those complaining about the price, $200 has been the MSRP on two past DVD box sets for it.) that is almost identical to the Japanese one (Their box set costs $485.) is those titles didn't sell as fast is because they had been on DVD here for years. This is the only physical release Fate/Zero is going to get so far, and a DVD release is unlikely as no DVD even exists in Japan for Fate/Zero.
                            Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnAnime View Post
                              And yet, despite the price, just like Garden of Sinners, it'll sell out before it's release.
                              Possibly not. There isn't any indication in any of the Japanese solicitation information that this set is limited like the Kara no Kyoukai set was, so selling out may be unlikely. Unless, of course, they don't intend to continue resupplying sets to the U.S. beyond the first batch, and therefore a finite batch of domestically-sold sets would create a sell-out condition at some point.
                              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X