Widgets Magazine

Tales of the Abyss, Vol.1 (LE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Tales of the Abyss, Vol.1 (LE)

Widgets Magazine

Tales of the Abyss, Vol.1 (LE) due out on 10/11/11 (Was 7/5/11 and 6/7/11). | Trailer
    This limited edition includes volume 1 of the Tales of the Abyss: Asch the Bloody manga!

Special Features: Textless Opening, Trailers.
    Last edited by WTK; 07-12-2011, 09:19 PM.

Call it: with manga not LE!!!

Comment

Re: Tales of the Abyss, Vol.1 (LE)

3D cover art added to the first post...

Comment

New release date: 10/11/11 (Was 7/5/11 and 6/7/11).

Comment

That's a rather extreme delay. Four months after it was first set to come out. But then again, this is Bandai and they delay everything these days.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
          Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
          Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

An unexpected (from the looks of it...chipboard) artbox release from BEI...

via ANN forums
            The box itself is really nice, thinner than regular artboxes, but thicker than just flimsy cardboard. As you can (kinda) see in one of the pictures, the inside of the box is wallpapered as well, instead of just the outside and edges.

The Box

Everything in the box

The Contents

The Inside of the Box

The Disc (no insert, drats)

Didn't take pictures of the covers of the DVD or manga, since we've seen them individually.

On the spine of the box, there's a smirking headshot of Luke, then the logo (English, Japanese below, and Fonic Script in the background), with the same "Limited Edition" bar that's at the top of the front, and the number under it. The top has the logo and Limited Edition + # bar, the bottom lists and shows the contents of the box. The back of the box matches the back of the DVD, except in white instead of the purple color of the DVD.

Comment

Unexpected indeed. Well, it seems like I'll be placing an order on the LE then.

Comment

So all you get is a art box and a manga volume for the LE? Lame..

Comment

The cover's decent, but I'm doubtful about the show itself. Most of the video game adaptations I've seen haven't been done especially well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonpiece View Post
                    So all you get is a art box and a manga volume for the LE? Lame..
                    You're getting the first volume of the manga for half off. That seems like a decent deal to me. If the manga is not of interest to you, then that's why the regular version exists.
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                      An unexpected (from the looks of it...chipboard) artbox release from BEI...
                      The box is not chipboard by any means.

Imagine a slipcover/O-sleeve from one of FUNimation's releases. Imagine you've taken card stock of that thickness and folded it over once to double it up. That's how thick the box is.

It's certainly nicer, in a way, than the thin sleeves Bandai used for similar LE packs (DVD + manga) with Code Geass R2 and the second half of Gundam 00. It is also potentially useful as a storage box, albeit one that can only hold a keepcase and a volume of manga, or two keepcases if you wanted to put the volume 2 disc in there and store the manga elsewhere. But I really wouldn't call it an artbox any more than I'd call the slipcase that, say, my Royal Tenenbaums Criterion Collection DVD came in. Sure, it can sit upright on its own, and has one opening on the side, but there's no real sturdiness to it.
                      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                      Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                      Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X