Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, Part 2

Widgets Magazine

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, Part 2 (DVD) due out on 2/7/12.
    DVD Extras: episode 3 Recap / episode 4 Recap / episode 3 Textless Ending / episode 2 Promotional Video 01 (Long Version) / episode 2 Promotional Video 01 (Short Version) / episode 2 Promotional Video 02 / episode 3 Promotional Video 01 (Long Version) / episode 3 Promotional Video 01 (Short Version) / episode 2 trailer / episode 3 trailer / MS & Character Highlights: Sinanju & Full Frontal / Character Highlights: Daguza Mackle / Character Highlights: Riddhe Marcenas

© SOTSU • SUNRISE
    Last edited by WTK; 12-19-2011, 01:14 AM.

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, Part 2

Decent artwork for the series.

Comment

Solid artwork as expected. The release is coming out faster than I anticipated.

Comment

Very nice! This is another title that I will be buying right away.
        Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
        Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

I have no money, so the budget-friendly DVD release is welcome. And only about 7 months after the first one! Unfortunately the next DVD release probably will have a longer wait as we're now all caught up to the Blu Ray, so I expect the next DVD release might not come until 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by llj View Post
            I have no money, so the budget-friendly DVD release is welcome. And only about 7 months after the first one! Unfortunately the next DVD release probably will have a longer wait as we're now all caught up to the Blu Ray, so I expect the next DVD release might not come until 2013.
            If the Blu-ray discs continue the same release pattern they've been on, and with simultaneous releases in Japan and the U.S., we should see the following:

volume 1 - 03/12/10
            volume 2 - 11/12/10
            volume 3 - 04/07/11
            volume 4 - 12/02/11
            volume 5 - 05/__/12
            volume 6 - 01/__/13

So, we could end up seeing a third U.S. DVD volume in spring of 2013. Unless, of course, the five-month gap between volumes 2 and 3 was a fluke because they were ahead of schedule on production for the third episode, and the eight-month gap between volumes 1 and 2, as well as volumes 3 and 4, is more realistic. Then we wouldn't see volume 5 until August of next year, and volume 6 in April of 2013. Which would then put a third U.S. DVD volume in summer of 2013 at the earliest.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Actually it has already been announced that vol. 5 is coming out in May of next year.

Comment

Originally posted by CG-LOVER View Post
                Actually it has already been announced that vol. 5 is coming out in May of next year.
                It's been announced, but we'll see if they stick with it. IIRC, at least one previous Unicorn volume had it's date slip a month or two...

Comment

Very nice piece of artwork there. It is very fitting for the show.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying, getting ready for 2022
                  Watching: Saiyuki Reload, Arifureta, Edens Zero, One Piece
                  Simulcasts: TBD
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Comment

*Sigh*

I'm still going to get this, and then buckle down for the Great Blu-Ray Sales Hunt for episodes 5 and 6 later on.

Or maybe I'll sit and pray that someone else continues this on affordable R1 DVD.

Comment

*Sigh*

I'm still going to get this, and then buckle down for the Great Blu-Ray Sales Hunt for episodes 5 and 6 later on.

Or maybe I'll sit and pray that someone else continues this on affordable R1 DVD.
                        I'm in the same boat with you on this one. I have a hard time justifying the expensive release format of the series, but Gundam Unicorn has been by far the best incarnation of the franchise in the past decade. If I had started collecting from the beginning (even though I didn't have a Blu-Ray player at the time) I wouldn't have to see such a large upfront investment. So having the series come out in 2-episode parts on DVD was the best route for me.

I'll probably end up getting episode 5 and 6 on Blu-ray just because I want to have the whole series somehow or another. Maybe go back and collect the previous volumes if I can pony up the cash and they keep it in print. If not, I'll have to end up holding out for years taking my chances on a very slight possibility of a complete collection release.

I really don't think it is too far fetched to believe that maybe Bandai could subcontract some people to author the dvd and make a limited release since the dub is getting produced anyway. It would all be a matter of how the licensing was made (By episode, or whole series) and if Bandai pulled out of the market for production issues, or low sales, or whatever... again, fat chance, but I still cling to hope.

Another company could also invest in the last volumes getting released. (Maybe Bandai Visual themselves?) There should be some potential money to be made as I would like to think the sales of the DVD are penetrating the market that isn't able to commit to HD.

The whole uncertainty is what is killing me. I'm glad the series has been regarded so highly for the community to be so concerned with its release.

Comment

Originally posted by wAnder481 View Post
                          *Sigh*

I really don't think it is too far fetched to believe that maybe Bandai could subcontract some people to author the dvd and make a limited release since the dub is getting produced anyway. It would all be a matter of how the licensing was made (By episode, or whole series) and if Bandai pulled out of the market for production issues, or low sales, or whatever... again, fat chance, but I still cling to hope.

Another company could also invest in the last volumes getting released. (Maybe Bandai Visual themselves?) There should be some potential money to be made as I would like to think the sales of the DVD are penetrating the market that isn't able to commit to HD.
                          Unless the first DVD volume sold poorly and/or the second volume tanks, I find it very likely that another U.S. studio will find some way to work with Bandai Visual and Bandai Entertainment to release a third DVD with episodes 5 and 6. At this point in time, I'd lay the best odds on it being Sentai, given their willingness to step up to the plate on things like the Rozen Maiden OVA, as well as their recent dealing with Bandai Visual directly on Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere.
                          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...
                          X