Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Bleach: Set 12

Widgets Magazine

Bleach: Set 12 (Blu-ray) due out on 9/7/21.
    Episodes 309 - 337

Special Features: Art Gallery, Clean Opening and Endings
    Last edited by WTK; 07-08-2021, 03:56 PM.

And Rukia makes a second appearance. While the image looks nice, she already had her time in the spotlight, while Chad and Uryu haven't appeared on any of the cover arts for this series.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: The Ohio State University Buckeyes
    Watching: Tylor, Astra Lost in Space, School-Live!, Vanguard
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Viz have unceremoniously dropped the ball with these Bleach sets.
      DVDaf :Collection

Comment

Originally posted by bearcounty View Post
        Viz have unceremoniously dropped the ball with these Bleach sets.
        Yeah, between that with Rukia appearing twice and the fact that the last two episodes of the last true arc are in this set and not in the previous as the show just goes downhill after that.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: The Ohio State University Buckeyes
        Watching: Tylor, Astra Lost in Space, School-Live!, Vanguard
        Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

It may be sacrilege to say, but I low key want Funimation to nab the new Bleach series (whenever that happens.)
          DVDaf :Collection

Comment

Too bad because It's going to Netflix.

Also Viz's sets were never good and everyone is finding out now with the video quality looking worse with the 16:9 episodes.
            Last edited by NJ_; 07-10-2021, 02:24 PM.
            Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
              Too bad because It's going to Netflix.

Also Viz's sets were never good and everyone is finding out now with the video quality looking worse with the 16:9 episodes.
              I will sob if Netflix gets it. I NEED a simulcast.

Do you mean the video quality is looking worse on these new sets? I haven't watched any of the native widescreen ones yet.
              Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Oh boy, sounds like I should avoid getting these after all. Not that I have much faith in Viz for anime in general. It's enough of a miracle if they get around to releasing the anime they license within a few years in the first place. It's concerning that they have some big Crunchyroll titles, particularly Jujutsu Kaisen.

Anyway, yeah, these covers have been pretty simple since the beginning, so there's especially little of interest when they reuse the same character. At least Rukia gets to be a warrior here, instead of a damsel.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Originally posted by Mach Rider View Post
                  I will sob if Netflix gets it. I NEED a simulcast.
                  Jokes aside, I too am against this after what happened with the live-action movie dub where half of the characters were recast (most notably with Rukia, which Michelle confirmed was never contacted to return).

Problem here is Netflix has been getting a lot more big-name shonen titles lately and with them also having that film, they might be a big contender here.

Do you mean the video quality is looking worse on these new sets? I haven't watched any of the native widescreen ones yet.
                  https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...4#post17831594 <---Start here and look through the rest of the thread for more reports from other people.

While we never got an exact answer on the first few sets (other than a now-dead screenshot comparison which didn't look too great), it sounds like it got worse from set 7 onwards when the show went 16:9.
                  Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine
                  Working...
                  X