Widgets Magazine

From Up on Poppy Hill (Blu-ray / DVD Combo SteelBook LE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] From Up on Poppy Hill (Blu-ray / DVD Combo SteelBook LE)

Widgets Magazine

---

From Up on Poppy Hill (Blu-ray/DVD SteelBook LE) due out on 9/21/21.
    From Up On Poppy Hill is an anime film directed by Goro Miyazaki, housed in a limited edition steelbook case and contains an exclusive booklet with statements from the creators.

Special Features: 10 Years With Hayao Miyazaki documentary episode, exclusive booklet with filmmaker statements, feature-length storyboards, an interview with the director and much more!
    Last edited by WTK; 07-07-2021, 05:25 PM.

I was wondering when the next pair of Ghibli SteelBooks would be solicited, since the last several have been the day before the release of the previous ones, but these ones ended up being two weeks later. Too bad they have to break their format a little since Goro hasn't had any works nominated for any Oscars. Always interesting to see which movies they choose to advertise Ghibli with. Spirited Away is an easy choice, but I wouldn't normally expect Howl as the second one. Having two differently formatted "A {some creator} Film" labels above the title is a little annoying.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Kind of awkward seeing the text arranged that way on this movie's Steelbook release, and not to mention it's by Goro Miyazaki, whose name just doesn't hold as much weight as his more famous father. Nevertheless, this is consistent with the other Ghibli Steelbook releases by GKIDS and it's using quite an appropriate shot as well.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: The Ohio State University Buckeyes
      Watching: Tylor, Astra Lost in Space, School-Live!, Vanguard
      Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X