Widgets Magazine

Violet Evergarden (TV): Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Violet Evergarden (TV): Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Widgets Magazine

Violet Evergarden (TV): Complete Collection (Blu-ray/DVD LE) due out on 12/8/20.
    Contain all 13 episodes of the series plus the special episode, subbed and dubbed

Housed in a rigid box with space for the movie Violet Evergarden -Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll- as well as 4 art cards, a 200 page art book and sticker sheet

Special Features: Textless Opening Song, Textless Closing Song, Japanese Trailer, English Trailer
    Violet Evergarden (TV): Complete Collection (Blu-ray/DVD) due out on 12/8/20.
    Contain all 13 episodes of the series plus the special episode, subbed and dubbed

Special Features: Textless Opening Song, Textless Closing Song, Japanese Trailer, English Trailer
    Last edited by WTK; 09-21-2020, 06:28 PM.

Nice to see this series finally creep out onto blu-ray. I’m guessing the box set will be similar to the Darling in the Franxx limited edition set.
    DVDaf :Collection

Comment

I'll probably get the regular edition, but this looks lovely.

Comment

That looks amazing as that package has an appropriate theme to it of sending letters to help people deal with their emotional pains. It's great to see somebody finally give this show a release that it deserves.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Asirpa, Golden Kamuy
        Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Golden Wind
        Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Wow, that is a nice looking set there.. I would get it, though I already own the home release of Violet Evergarden on Blu-ray. So as sad as it is, I will take a pass on this one
          Avatar: I guess you could say this is what I would look like as an Animated character

My Anime List: List of Every Anime I have ever seen / Watched -
          https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ShiningDiamond

Comment

I forget what country released essentially this same box (maybe they both come from a Japanese release I wasn't aware of), but I was dreaming of a US version of it when I saw it, so I'm so glad that Funimation not only licensed it as I had hoped after their news on the side-story movie, but are releasing this same LE.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

The art for the two releases is great. I am glad to see Funimation taking this release very seriously.

Comment

That LE looks really nice. Seems they're really going for the JP release look there with the letter aesthetic with the cutout. Hoping it indeed is packaged like the Darling in the FranXX LE, that would be really neat. So happy to see this finally getting a release over here.
                My Anime List
                Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

LE cover art / packaging shot, reg cover art added to the first post (with no watermark).

Comment

sucks that the series apparently turned into BD only, and still no word of the OVA on the back
                    My Anime List
                    YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                    Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
                      sucks that the series apparently turned into BD only, and still no word of the OVA on the back

The OVA is listed on the back cover of both the limited edition BD/DVD combo and the standard BD only.
                      DVDaf :Collection

Comment

Originally posted by bearcounty View Post
                        The OVA is listed on the back cover of both the limited edition BD/DVD combo and the standard BD only.
                        I must be blind because I don't see it on either
                        My Anime List

Comment

If you enlarge the first picture, it does say "Includes 13 episodes and OVA." It's easier to read on the DVD part though since it's a black background on the specs. I can barely read it on the green Blu specs.

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
                            If you enlarge the first picture, it does say "Includes 13 episodes and OVA." It's easier to read on the DVD part though since it's a black background on the specs. I can barely read it on the green Blu specs.
                            Oh ok I am blind, you'd think they'd at least have that reflected in the series run time or listed under the spec
                            My Anime List

Comment

OVA is included (listed in specs but regrettably not in the special features call out). The LE is a combo, but the standard is BD only. The LE rigid box has space to fit both movies, for anyone interested.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X