Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Collector's Ultra Edition

Widgets Magazine

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Collector's Ultra Edition (Blu-ray) due out on 12/1/20.

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Mobil...dition-Blu-ray
    Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Collector's Ultra Edition contains episodes 1-48 of the HD TV (Remastered) and episodes 1-50 of the original HD TV series as well as 3 "Special Edition" Movie compilations directed by Mitsuo Fukuda.

The Ultra Edition Set also includes over 2 hours of video extras, an exclusive 118-page hardcover art book featuring: HD Art Galleries; SD Art Galleries; Data Archives on both the Characters and Mecha; Outroductions; a Gundam SEED Glossary; and a double-sided tear-out poster.

Episodes 1-50 of the Original series will only be available as part of this Ultra Collection

Special Features: Mecha Animation Director HD Comparisons, Six "In This Era" Video Featurettes, Director’s Concept Music Videos, Textless Openings, Textless Endings, Gundam SEED Character Theater Shorts, and Gundam SEED Epilogue - After Phase: In the Valley of Stars.

HD TV: 16:9, 1080p HD Native // SD TV: 4:3, 480i // Special Editions: 4:3, 480i

*A standard release is expected to be announced in 2021.
    Last edited by WTK; 08-01-2020, 10:42 AM.

This looks to be much thinner than their previous ultra sets.
    DVDaf :Collection

Comment

Originally posted by bearcounty View Post
      This looks to be much thinner than their previous ultra sets.
      I personally am glad. The Wing set is a thicc boi for sure. G and 00 were smaller and the same size (I believe), but if this is smaller than those, then even better imo. Very classy and nice looking set, and I’m happy they found a way to throw the old dub on there ala Funi and Escaflowne. This set should make everyone happy.
      Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Looks thin, but it's a nice package there. I certainly like the clear slipcases there. Looks like they didn't include the stuff that makes the box bigger to accommodate them like the shot glass for G Gundam, the Haro Keychain for 00, and the supersized artbook for Wing, and I'm always for shelf-friendly releases that this one is, especially since something like this is coming for Seed Destiny.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Asirpa, Golden Kamuy
        Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Golden Wind
        Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Nice set but I'll be going for the standard editions. As far as the quality of this Ultra Edition I think I like the look of this one the most. Very clean and sleek looking imo
          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Indeed, this is a nice looking and well-constructed set. I will also get the standard editions, but I would get this set if I was a much bigger fan of this show.

Comment

Wow that looks as good as I had hoped. Personally, I prefer the more (relatively) 'normal' size of the 00 and G sets vs the beast of a wing set. Just curious to see if the artbox is normal (dvd/bd) height with a smaller artbook fitting inside or if the box is extra large to fit a full artbook. Or maybe they might surprise us and have the artbook being full sized and not fitting in the normal sized artbox.

Only small gripe would be that there are no actual gundams on the box itself. Would have been cool to see their respective gundams behind each of the two characters.
              Last edited by Chisel; 08-01-2020, 06:34 PM.
              My Anime List
              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Artbook is gonna be pretty large. 8x10 just like the artbook in the Gundam Wing set.

Comment

https://twitter.com/NozomiEnt/status...48389664182272 (so far)

Comment

Looks lovely.

Comment

I still don’t understand how the BD cases are supposed to fit inside the box.
                      DVDaf :Collection

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X