• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Naruto: Triple Feature Collector's Edition

Widgets Magazine
    SteelBook

Standard Edition

Naruto: Triple Feature Collector's Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) due out on 10/6/20.
    Naruto Triple Feature Collector's Edition Steelbook contains the movies Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, Legend of the Stone of Gelel and Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, all housed in a Steelbook Case.

A collector's dream! A new Blu-ray bundle of the classic Naruto movies in a deluxe cover featuring original artwork by American comic book legend, Whilce Portacio (Uncanny X-Men, Iron Man).

Special Features: Animated Short: Hidden Leaf Village Grand Sports Festival, Commentaries for Legend of the Stone of Gelel and Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom.
    Naruto: Triple Feature Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) due out on 10/6/20.
    Naruto Triple Feature Collector's Edition contains the movies Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, Legend of the Stone of Gelel and Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom.

A collector's dream! A new Blu-ray bundle of the classic Naruto movies in a deluxe cover featuring original artwork by American comic book legend, Whilce Portacio (Uncanny X-Men, Iron Man).

Special Features: Animated Short: Hidden Leaf Village Grand Sports Festival, Commentaries for Legend of the Stone of Gelel and Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom.
    Last edited by WTK; 07-30-2020, 04:02 PM.

That art looks SUPER WEIRD to me.

Comment

It reminds me of Chris Bachalo’s art style.
      DVDaf :Collection

Comment

it looks like a picture of a kid wearing a naruto costume on the packaging of a naruto halloween costume.
        My Anime List
        YouTube <- I do collection Videos
        Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Yeah I don't care if that turns out to be some cool artists version of Naruto or something because that just looks like trash.
          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Oh my god, what in the actual fuck happened? Is this a bootleg? This cannot be a real thing coming from VIZ Media. Also wonder if it'll bring back the extras that are missing from the DVD collection that dropped the extras discs. From my missing extras thread that I made a minor quiet update to recently...

https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/for...-extras-thread
            The theatrical program booklets (English replicas of the ones sold at Japanese theaters) and the following extras from the individual releases of the original Naruto movies are missing from the Triple Feature DVD. The theatrical program booklets (English replicas of the ones sold at Japanese theaters) and the following extras from the individual releases of the original Naruto movies are missing from the Triple Feature DVD.
            Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow: Making Movies Ninja Style - Behind the Scenes of the U.S. Recording, Japanese Cast Interviews, Message from the Original Author and Cast, Inside the Animation Studio, Naruto at New York Comic Con 2007, Original Japanese Movie Trailers

These extras and the theatrical program booklet were also not included in the regular editions of Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, they were only in the Deluxe Edition SteelBook.

Legend of the Stone of Gelel: Creating the World of Naruto the Movie 2, Write and Adapt Like a Ninja, Words From Japan, Production Art Gallery, Original Storyboards, Original Japanese Movie Trailers, Naruto the Movie "Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom" Trailer

Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom: The Story of Naruto: Growing a Ninja, Teamwork: The Art of Group Recording, Shooting For the Moon: A Conversation with the Naruto Movie 3 Producers, Clean Ending, Original Japanese Movie Trailers, Production Art Gallery, Naruto the Movie 3 Trivia
            Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC

Comment

Full cover art / artwork + back cover added to the first post.

Comment

Drawn by Whilce Portacio... a Marvel comics artist I guess. Very weird choice for Naruto. I agree it looks like a bootleg or something.

Comment

Holy cow that must be one of the ugliest Naruto interpretations I've seen. Definitely makes the set look like a bootleg. No clue how Viz approved this.
                  My Anime List
                  Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

I just don't get why a Marvelized piece of artwork would be used of all things. Definitely weird and ugly seeing that these are all supposed to be kids, and anybody who knows nothing about this show wouldn't know just by looking at this.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                    Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

This is just one of those artstyles that doesn't translate with the artist doing it... Maybe if it was someone else it could've worked but uhhh sorry, not this time :/

Comment

Every time I read "A collector's dream" I burst out laughing. What collector was dreaming of a collection of a few garbage Naruto movies with extras missing and the most hideous bootleg-like cover imaginable?
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

At least Viz seems to be acknowledging how much people aren’t liking this cover on their Twitter.
                          "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Someone needs to be fired for letting this happen, probably many someones

Comment

Whilce Portacio has been drawing comics for literally decades now, and has had quite the career. I don't know if he's particularly an anime and/or manga fan, nor do I know if he's specifically a Naruto fan; if he is, then getting the opportunity to draw this cover would have been amazing for him.

Having acknowledged all that, speaking as someone who started collecting comics almost as long ago as Portacio started drawing them, and who owns issues that he actually worked on, I've never cared for his artwork. It's not just that I may dislike seeing Naruto drawn in his style, but that I dislike his style in and of itself. This thread could be about the next issue of X-Men, and I'd still be going "ehhhh, Portacio huh, definitely not who I would've chosen."
                              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                              Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                              Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X