Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Season 1, Part 1

Widgets Magazine

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray) due out on 9/29/20.
    Last edited by WTK; 07-16-2020, 12:42 AM.

Demon Slayer was one more Aniplex title I didn't watch streaming and edged away from the obvious interest of others towards, filtered as it were through a long-cellared vintage of sour grapes; that an economy edition would come to pass was a real surprise to me. "Of course" the cover art for this edition would look a bit bland somehow, and that's supposing nothing about what's going to happen to the video on the discs inside... Still, the chance to offer some feeble counterargument to "obviously appealing to a high-end audience works; 'the mass market' is just about extinct, anyway" isn't something I'm about to write off right away.

Comment

It does seem like this was designed to look especially "standard" to contrast Aniplex's premium alternative. Still, it's a good-looking show, so you can't really go wrong. I don't love the spine, though. At any rate, there was never any chance that I wasn't getting the premium releases, but I hope the more casual fans find this release at least serviceable.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

The promo image works OK as a cover, though that spine is pretty meh.
        My Anime List
        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Cover art looks fine, and I like how the back places emphasis of this being the best show of last year. That said, the white spine does not really fit in.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Asirpa, Golden Kamuy
          Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Golden Wind
          Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I like the black updated spine a whole lot more than the white original
            My Anime List
            YouTube <- I do collection Videos
            Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Infinitely better spine. I wonder if the original one was actually a placeholder, because that's exactly what it looks like, especially in comparison.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Clean cover art + back cover added to the first post.

Comment

2 changes this has is there's no longer a FUNimation Digital Copy, which is likely what got it pulled initially to begin with, Aniplex Japan not wanting there to be a digital copy, and the audio tracks are now both Linear PCM stereo rather than Dolby TrueHD with the English track being 5.1.
                  Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

Much better spine there as it just looks awkward with the white spine between black covers. Now it's black all-around and it is great.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Asirpa, Golden Kamuy
                    Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Golden Wind
                    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

o.O an Aniplex title at a decent price in 2020???? I like the artwork. May pick this one up.

Comment

via eBay listing:

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X