Widgets Magazine

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (Blu-ray / DVD Combo SteelBook LE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (Blu-ray / DVD Combo SteelBook LE)

Widgets Magazine

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (Blu-ray/DVD SteelBook LE) due out on 8/25/20.
    Special Features: Includes Full Color [4-, 6-, 8-] Page Booklet; Original Japanese Storyboards; Behind the Studio - Discover the film's fantastic origins in this fascinating documentary, Including interviews with Hayo Miyazaki
    Last edited by WTK; 05-11-2020, 08:30 PM.

After buying the three boxed editions of My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away, I'd been hoping the steelbooks that followed them would be followed in turn by more boxes of the earlier Ghibli films. Still, given one (probably flimsy) reason I never quite got around to the first Blu-Rays of them was the dub casts still being featured so prominently on the case fronts, I'm at least ready to put a little more thought towards these new releases.

Comment

I also wish we got more of the collector's edition boxes with the books and soundtracks. With the three that already got them out of the way, my other two favorite Miyazaki movies are Howl and Nausicaa, so it's a little unfortunate that both of them ended up with just SteelBooks, but at least that means I'll have some sort of fancy edition of each, and probably all of his films before long at this rate (on top of Disney's Miyazaki Blu-ray box set, of course). I'm curious to see if they do anything special for any non-Miyazaki Ghibli movies after all of these. At any rate, this is certainly a marked improvement over the releases of the past, and those collector's editions do more closely follow the established packaging for the films in the US, so at least there's that silver lining of getting this treatment instead.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

I thought they were saving green for Totoro?
        Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
          I thought they were saving green for Totoro?
          Watch the color be some ugly yellow or orange for Totoro.

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post

Watch the color be some ugly yellow or orange for Totoro.
            They should have just aped the colors from the Japanese silhouette blu-rays.
            DVDaf :Collection

Comment

And the odd color choices continue with the Miyazaki films. Seeing that this film is based in an apocalyptic environment that I didn't think it would be an appropriate color to use for this. Anyway, while Steelbooks are nice, I was hoping for something more than that.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Asirpa, Golden Kamuy
              Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Golden Wind
              Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

FWIW the solid color backgrounds have a metallic finish to them.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...postcount=1364
                Last edited by bearcounty; 05-12-2020, 09:56 PM.
                DVDaf :Collection

Comment

I'm a sucker for steelbooks and I always wanted to own this movie. I'm not a big fan of solid color steelbooks but I ordered this one because I love the movie.

Slowhand posted this unboxing video from Right Stuf about the other two Ghibli steelbooks in the Studio Ghibli thread. I like the finish on them actually the video does the product more justice than just pictures.

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                  Limited Edition Studio Ghibli Steelbooks | Right Stuf Anime

https://youtu.be/PysGwYuBSCE
                  Last edited by zidanetribal2000; 05-14-2020, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Now that I have the first two SteelBooks, the cases and the small booklets they have in them do make me a little happier about these releases, though the lack of that fuller book and most importantly the soundtrack is still rough.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter
                    FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...