X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Promare

Widgets Magazine

Promare (Blu-ray CE) due out on 8/4/20.
    Promare Collector's Edition is an anime film directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi of Studio Trigger and includes a CD soundtrack; 52-page booklet which includes interviews, character profiles, and artwork; English souvenir script (Over 120 pages!); mini poster; and decal sticker all housed in a rigid case.

Special Features: Interview With Director Hiroyuki Imaishi, Studio TRIGGER Roundtable, "Side: Galo" And "Side: Lio" Short Films With English Dub, Behind The Scenes With The English Cast, and Trailers
    Promare (Blu-ray SteelBook) due out on 5/19/20.
    Promare (Blu-ray/DVD) due out on 5/19/20.
    Promare due out on 5/19/20.
    Bonus Features: Interview with Director Hiroyuki Imaishi, Studio TRIGGER Round Table, Side: Galo and Side: Lio Short Films with English Dub, Trailers
    Last edited by WTK; 08-04-2020, 08:15 PM.

I was afraid this would just get the standard edition treatment from GKIDS. Hopefully Weathering with You makes out better. They went with the very obvious, safe key art, though I probably would've preferred the chaotic piece with way more going on. This is the kind of anime for which busy works. It's an accurate representation of the frenetic style of the movie.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

It's Kamina butting heads with Viral. Wait, wrong show here as it's Galo butting heads with Lio. While there's better pieces of artwork out there, this isn't bad.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Asirpa, Golden Kamuy
      Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Golden Wind
      Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Blu-ray SteelBook (Best Buy exclusive) cover art added to the first post...
        Last edited by WTK; 02-25-2020, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Ah, well that's something. I'll grab that SteelBook. This was the piece of art I mentioned preferring, and it should look much nicer on a SteelBook, assuming the white rectangle in the background is just for the mockup.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Standard cover is good, but steelbook is so clean. Got my Best Buy order in.

Comment

I decided to get the Steelbook after all as it just looks great and I want to see this sow badly.
              Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

https://twitter.com/GKIDSfilms/statu...88755466379265
                Behold, the #PROMARE Collector's Edition!

This too-hot-to-handle set includes special collectibles like Hiroyuki Sawano's blazing original soundtrack on CD and a souvenir script in addition to the bonuses on the standard release.

Out on 8/4! Pre-order link coming soon.

Last edited by WTK; 05-08-2020, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Damn, I'm glad they didn't announce that any later. Canceled my Best Buy order, as nice as that SteelBook did look. Wish they wouldn't split up the good stuff like that, but it's not quite a title that warrants me owning two copies right off the bat.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

I haven’t seen it yet, so I’ll pick up the steelbook and if I like it, I’ll consider either replacing the steelbook for the C.E. or double dip.
                    DVDaf :Collection

Comment

Comment

Question why does the CE disc have a British rating on it if it's a US release?
                        "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Will have to pick up the CE

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
                          Probably a markup for UK/Ireland I imagine. I bet the US/Canada release won't have the British rating on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
                            Because those details are for the UK release. It’ll likely be what the US release will look like which is why WTK shared it.
                            DVDaf :Collection

Comment

Looking nice there. A movie like this gets a LE release worthy of it.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X