Widgets Magazine

Fruits Basket: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Fruits Basket: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Widgets Magazine

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...27552050749440

Fruits Basket: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray/DVD LE) due out on 11/19/19.
    Episodes 1- 13

Includes:
    - Set of 3 art cards featuring artwork from the Japanese release
    - High-quality resin replicas of the Rat and Dog zodiac figurines from Shigure's home, as seen in the show
    - New onigiri zodiac figurine, created with approval from the manga publisher
    - Faux wood stand for the zodiac figurines, with room for additional figurines to be released later

Special Feature: TBD
    Fruits Basket: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray/DVD) due out on 11/19/19.
    Special Feature: TBD
    Last edited by WTK; 09-30-2019, 08:34 PM.

Well that was quick. About what I'd expect from their recent Fruits Basket release aesthetic, which in turn was lifted pretty directly from a corresponding Japanese release anyway. Not blowing me away, but I don't know that I have any particular complaints either.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Wow, SUPER quick turnaround on this one.

Comment

Funimation just announced that the Fruits Basket LE will include replica zodiac figurines.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-q0hWVWkAAWOzg.jpg
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
        Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Preliminary LE cover art added to the first post.

Comment

Oh I don't like that the box looks like it's going to be a MHA Season 2 Parts 1 and 2 Limited Editions.
            Last edited by Diakia89; 08-17-2019, 12:12 PM.
            "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Oh god no, please don't pull another MHA S2 LE and split the season into 2 separate LE's hated that.
              My Anime List
              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

I prefer group shots for covers, but this is a lovely illustration.

Comment

I'll have to wait until I see the finalized product, but that box just isn't proportioned right. I'm hoping that they don't pull that shelf-hogging crap they did with the second season of MHA where not only did they widen the box, but giving the second half its own LE. Anyway, I'm just surprised that it's coming out this soon.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                  Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

This looks like a very strangely shaped box. Hopefully it turns out better in practice.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter
                    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Yea hope it's shaped like a standard BD/DVD artbox. If they stick with the horizontal layout, maybe it'll still be standard dimensions like the Franxx and Black Lagoon LE/CE's. Fingers crossed to hoping one of those is the case. Wouldn't be too pumped if it turned out to a huge monstrosity like those Gundam IBO LE Boxes (luckily it came with a normal artbox in it for just the series).
                      My Anime List
                      Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

I hope the box ends up using different art.

Comment

LE packaging shot added to the first post.

Comment

Ok thats kinda lame. Was hoping for an artbox.

Comment

Welp this release is a major letdown for such a great show. Oddly sized artbox (assuming it is one and not one like the Gundam IBO LE's) not to ention the lazy reused artwork for both covers. What puts the nail in the coffin has to be Funi pulling the MHA S2 LE ridiculous-ness by giving each cour a separate LE. So disappointed. Was expecting an amazing LE since I really enjoyed this show. Guess I'll be sticking with the standard edition instead.
                              My Anime List
                              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X