Widgets Magazine

Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion: Movie Trilogy (SteelBook)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion: Movie Trilogy (SteelBook)

Widgets Magazine

~~~

Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion: Movie Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) due out on 3/5/19.
    Japanese with English subtitles

Includes embossed exclusive SteelBook housing all three films (Initiation, Transgression, and Glorification) on three Blu-ray discs; 3 art cards featuring elegant monochrome illustrations of Lelouch and Suzaku from the Japanese releases

Special Features: Promo Videos, Trailers
    Last edited by WTK; 12-29-2018, 09:04 AM.

Oh, they're going straight for a box set instead of singles. Cool. Is this a steelbook? If so, *BLECH!!!*

Comment

Looks nice, but no dub no buy. More money to spend elsewhere I guess.
      Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Ok, I'm fine with this, including the fact that itxs a steelbook. Glad it's not separate releases.

Comment

All in one and something a little more interesting than the standard? Sure, I'll grab them under those circumstances.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

The steelbook and stuff is looking amazing. I especially like the artwork on the insides of this release as that puts a nice touch. That said, it's just a shame that it's sub-only, but I kind of under stand where exactly Funimation is coming from in making this decision. I would have gone for it for sure had it had a dub, but I'm not quite so sure with this having no dub.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
            Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
            Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/D0nTbmLW0AMdK3H.mp4
              https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...44094986694656
              It's metallic and shiny--as a fabulous-dressing rebel leader-slash-emperor deserves <3. We got an early preview of the Code Geass movie trilogy Steelbook set!

You can get your own copy on Tuesday! https://funi.to/2XxyexS

Comment

A good looking set, but the lack of a dub is inexcusable. If this was a niche show I would get the reasoning for not having a dub, but last time I checked Code Geass is still a big deal franchise.

Comment

I love the way this steelbook shines. While that's amazing, the lack of a dub is a deal breaker. I get their thought process and rationale for not dubbing it, but this franchise is still quite a big deal even after all these years seeing that it's getting new movies released, and not just the compilation films (well, not exactly as there is new footage that is going to be meaningful for the new movies), that these are reasons why this show is still very much relevant. Anyway, at least the release looks great and a worthy package to add to the collection.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                  Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                    I get their thought process and rationale for not dubbing it
                    I am curious about what you believe is Funimation's thought process and rationale to not dub it. To me it comes down to indifference and laziness.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X