Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] And Yet the Town Moves: Complete Collection

Widgets Magazine

And Yet the Town Moves: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) due out on 6/21/16.
    Note: Japanese with English Subtitles

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

And Yet the Town Moves (Sore de mo Machi wa Mawatteiru): Complete Collection (DVD) due out on 1/3/12.
    Note: Japanese with English Subtitles

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation.
    Last edited by WTK; 04-19-2016, 08:52 PM.

Re: And Yet the Town Moves: Complete Collection

So they are sticking with R2J Vol.1 artwork (shown below along with the rest of the R2J covers). I was originally wondering if they were going with a combo cover of some sort. I guess it works for me though I'm unsure of the text style for the series title.

Comment

Ah, I was starting to wonder if they had forgotten about the series. I mean seriously every other January cover was out in some form. In any case, I was expecting they'd use one of the two Hotori covers. It makes sense they went with the maid one. I approve of the cover for the most part.

Except for the fact they're using the title to cover Hotori herself and they made it larger than the Japanese version. Also, the white behind the title feels a bit tacky.

Ah, well. I plan to get this in the future. How soon will depend on what else Sentai has solicited by the time of the next sale. Priority and all that. Regardless, unless I lose the ability to afford anime, it's a matter of when as opposed to if.
      "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
      Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Decent, but not one of Sentai's best. I'm not particularly fond of the font (!) they used for the title, and the gradient certainly doesn't make it any prettier... We can't see it very well in these pictures, but it looks like the spine will be sub-par, at best (at least in my book).
        That being said, I already preordered it and this isn't a deal-breaker for me.
        Avatar: Azaka KOKUTOU from The Garden of Sinners - Kara no Kyoukai

Comment

Eh, I'm not very impressed with this cover, but I'll be getting the show regardless.

Comment

Well, this is a good cover...except for the huge title.

Comment

I happen to like the title. It's not any bigger than it is on the Japanese releases. Overall, a very solid cover. I have this preordered.

Comment

It's a decent looking cover. Given what Sentai had to choose from, it's a fine choice what they are using.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

The cover is ok, I've bought worse, ... I do currently have this on pre-order (just) as I'm a bit on the fence with this series.
                  Avatar: Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) by Fudce
                  Currently Watching: UN-GO
                  [Collection March '12]

Comment

I think the cover is fine, but it was just an okay series for me and one I'm not getting.
                    Currently watching - A Certain Magical Index II
                    Finished watching - High School DXD New
                    Currently reading - Dragonar Academy, Haganai, Maria the Virgin Witch

Comment

While it might not be the best cover I've seen, I still like it, especially the back, but I can't put my finger on why... >_>
                      My animé & figure collections
                      Hummingbird
                      || Tweeterings
                      XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
                        While it might not be the best cover I've seen, I still like it, especially the back, but I can't put my finger on why... >_>
                        Because it features a guitar-wielding maid cafe girl? :D
                        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                          All shall worship the ground Kon walks on! All those that have good taste anyway. Those of you not worthy of Kon get back to your meaningless lives.
                          "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
                          Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Originally posted by Momoka Kibi View Post
                            Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                            All shall worship the ground Kon walks on! All those that have good taste anyway. Those of you not worthy of Kon get back to your meaningless lives.
                            I shall worship! I want a meaningful life!
                            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"

Comment

I know there are licensing issues that factor into everything that gets put on a U.S. cover, among them the credits for the Japanese staff. It seems counterintuitive that the Japanese would not approve the listing of... themselves... but that's how it goes.

Having said that, it kind of feels like the Japanese credits on the back cover are missing a line that would have read: "Animation Production: SHAFT Director: Akiyuki Shinbo" that would have sat between the lines that start with "Series Planning" and "Produced by".

Anyway, the cover looks pretty good with the actual product in hand. I'm looking forward to watching it.
                              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X