Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Black Butler: Season 1 Blu-ray Box Set

Widgets Magazine

http://blackbutler-anime.com/bd (Season 1)
    Black Butler Complete Blu-ray Box Set

Available Jan. 29. 2019

Disc Spec

Spoken Languages: Japanese & English
    Subtitles: English
    Aspect ratio: 16:9 widescreen
    Episodes: 24 TV episodes & 1 OVA
    Number of Disc: 5 Blu-ray discs
    Total Run Time: approx. 612 min.
    Rating:13 UP

Bonus Contents
    - OVA Episode "His Butler, Performer"
    - Textless Opening and Endings
    * Bonus contents subject to change.

Bonus Materials & Package
    - Deluxe Rigid Box
    - Booklet
    - Postcard Set
    * Bonus contents subject to change.

SRP: $189.98
    Retail Price: $149.98

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Black...ox-Set-Blu-ray
    Last edited by WTK; 12-04-2018, 12:14 AM.

I'll have to wait and see what the final product looks like before making any judgment. That said, Funi never gave the first season of this show the LE treatment as it came out at a time when they briefly did away with LEs, and whatever they put out, it should be simply one hell of a release, but I will have to wait and see about that. The placeholder artwork is representative, but I'll have to wait and see what the final product looks like and where this image will go.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
    Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

^ Thats true and not true. They never did the show on Blu Ray as a LE but the original DVD release did get the LE treatment in fact it was the first ever of their well known LE style releases and is a beautiful set, probably the nicest one they ever did.
      Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

A decent piece of artwork that could have some good potential for the LE, but the packaging shot will definitely be the best indicator of how good it will look.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

The packaging shot is up:

"The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

About what I would expect from an Aniplex release. Looks very nice.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

While it is nice, $150 for a 10 year old show is waaay too much. Improved video quality is not worth $90 more than the original $60 that you could've picked up from Funimation 10 years ago.

Comment

Looks really nice there as expected out of Aniplex. But the price tag is another thing entirely as it's for a 10 year old show.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
                Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X