Widgets Magazine

FLCL: Complete Collection (Classics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] FLCL: Complete Collection (Classics)

Widgets Magazine

FLCL: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) (Classics) due out on 2/5/19.
    Special Features: Director Commentaries, Videos with Music by The Pillows, Ride on Shooting Star Video by The Pillows, Outtakes, Textless Closing Song, Trailers
    Last edited by WTK; 11-21-2018, 12:35 AM.

The front is a solid cover same as the previous release not a fan of the Classics banner but I don't think it clashes with this cover as badly as it does with others. I'm actually kinda shocked on the back they used the "Blu-Ray + Digital" banner instead of two separate banners like they have on previous Classics releases. The back looks similar to the previous release just a few small changes.

I still prefer the previous Anime Classics release that actually looks like a normal release and lacks the "Anime Classics" branding while the "Blu-Ray" banner is only present on the slipcover. The MSRP is $5 cheaper and if you don't care for Digital Copy then I think it would be the better release of the two.

Comment

Well at least this proves that they can be conscious of the number of banners, or else this would have four with the "FROM THE CREATORS OF" banner from the previous release. That looked better than any of these three, though, so this isn't something I'm thankful for. However, a bunch of banners of slightly different colors actually fits more naturally in the design of this cover than most.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      Fandom Post Radio

Comment

I agree with you for this release they managed to be conscious of banner overload. Typically with these kind of releases they usually have 4 banners. The "Blu-Ray + Digital" on the front and back, "Classics" on the front and the bright red "Digital Copy" towards the bottom.

I'm shocked they only have a total of 3 banners for this release. Very out of the norm for Funi here. On a side note I usually like their choices in cover art for most of their releases I just hate most of their banners especially the "Digital Copy" banner they now slap on the back of most releases.

Comment

Looks pretty solid, all things considered. It doesn't overdo it with the banners as much as all the other shows from this line of releases.
          Avatar: Mahiru Shiina, The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten
          Watching: Dai-Guard, Black Summoner, Vermeil in Gold, Rumble Garanndoll
          Simulcasts: MSG, TYE, BLE, GKY, CSM, EOC, ESW, MOB, DIY, AMW, UYA, ARK, MHA, ALB, UZC, SXF, KKR, BTR, UWM, BLK
          A dedicated anime fan fan since 1997.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X