Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Message I got verbatim. From their "brand team."
    @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

Yeah, that's definitely a sign that their CS is garbage. It's there, yet they deny it.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
      Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I'd recommend submitting this to ANN's newsroom, just to see if they'll write it up and force a real answer out of Funimation. They may or may not pursue it, but they did just post a news item about the Maquia DVD language and packaging mishap, so the odds are decent.
        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I found it at FYE with a slipcover.
          DVDaf :Collection

Comment

Ha. Looks like FUNimation will send me one...
            @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

Originally posted by Asrialys View Post
              Ha. Looks like FUNimation will send me one...
              Consider yourself very lucky if Funi sends you one.

Comment

You guys actually like those slipcovers? I've always found them to be annoying and get damaged easily and have tossed them all out since my DVD says.

I would have sent you mine if I had read this sooner.

The only one I kept is the one that came with the Nuku Nuku SD BD because that should have been the actual slipcase cover insert IMO.
                Last edited by Gniponmei; 02-28-2019, 02:03 AM.
                Magical Girl Worshippers Unlimited - Dedicated to love, justice, frilly outfits, stunning transformations, cute talking furry mascots, and a new monster each and every week!

Gybano

Comment

Originally posted by gniponmei View Post
                  you guys actually like those slipcovers? I've always found them to be annoying and get damaged easily and have tossed them all out since my dvd says.

I would have sent you mine if i had read this sooner.

The only one i kept is the one that came with the nuku nuku sd bd because that should have been the actual slipcase cover insert imo.
                  lol you monster!
                  Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

It's a collecting thing, like anything else can be. Neat for some people, uninteresting for others.

In this specific instance, I think it's getting more discussion than usual because of Funimation's peculiar responses. When the company releasing the product actually has no idea what they've released, that's a very unfortunate situation, and only raises questions about how many more internal disconnects there might be that could have led to any or all of the myriad other problems they've had over the years.

For those who don't care much about slipcovers, it's worth mentioning that because some people really do, it may be worth your time to consider selling them on eBay instead of just throwing them out, to make some easy money and effectively reduce the cost of the actual discs you bought. Anime-related or otherwise, people do buy them. Heck, people have even had luck selling the promotional art cards that TRSI throws in all the packages they send out.
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Well, you don't need to keep them. But the buyer should always have the choice and doing things this way just isn't good.
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                        Heck, people have even had luck selling the promotional art cards that TRSI throws in all the packages they send out.
                        lol, really? I've arbitrarily hoarded quite a collection of those at this point, possibly 20 years' worth... Phase 3, profit?

As far as slips and other swag, I still have tons of Pioneer/Geneon pack-in(/lottery) bonuses, store gift with purchases, etc., in perfect condition. They definitely increase the value of items if you ever flip them on eBay. Didn't think those promo cards would be in demand at all, but I guess I could look into it (don't even know how I'd phrase the search parameters, heh).
                        Last edited by Spoofer; 03-01-2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I'm sure TRSI was short because it was on the previous holiday sale as a pre-order. Strange that CS at Funi is unaware, too. I used to be able to ask TRSI CS if something had a slip before purchasing, but in the last few years they are now "unable to verify" and seems like they don't have any direct communication to the warehouse :/

I haven't picked this up yet, but now I'm not so sure....

Comment

Well, this has been a CS mess here. Not exactly sure what went on here, but the situation was just poorly managed and I don't get why they didn't just put slips on everything that's supposed to get them and not pull of something like this. Anyway, the CS is what was really the worst part of all this.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X