Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, Part 1

Widgets Magazine

Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, Part 1 (Blu-ray) due out on 2/5/19.
    Special Features: Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Prologue - Sakura and the Two Bears, Episode 9 Commentary, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers
    Last edited by WTK; 02-16-2019, 01:24 PM.

Liking the pastel, but not the three month wait.
    Ana & Matsuri, summer strawberries || my avatar library
    ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon R; Tenchi Muyo! OVA
    ~ Last Watched: The Cat Returns; MIRAI; Spirited Away; My Neighbors the Yamadas; SCHOOL-LIVE!; Princess Mononoke
    homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

The most expected cover we could get, but a very nice piece of art, and the banner color is nice. Sucks to have no LE option, though; that could've looked great.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I cannot believe this isn?t getting a limited edition. Guessing it didn?t stream as well as I had imagined :-(

Comment

It's an expected choice of cover art, but it does work wonders for a show like this. Clamp has always had great artwork, and this is no exception.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
          Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by IamBoogiepop View Post
            I cannot believe this isn?t getting a limited edition. Guessing it didn?t stream as well as I had imagined :-(
            Maybe set 2 will have an LE?

As always, CLAMP's artwork is lovely.

Comment

Like Aokana (and maybe others I haven't purchased), no slipcover... T_T

EDIT: FUNimation unexpectedly reached out to me and told me that the release was never intended to have one to begin with. Maybe it's been there for a while, but the product image on their website shows what we're receiving.
              Last edited by Asrialys; 02-11-2019, 01:32 PM.
              @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

Things just took a strange turn. Amazon Canada apparently has this product with slip covers?
                Last edited by Asrialys; 02-11-2019, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Got mine from TRSI.

Comment

What?! Mine is from them as well...

Comment

I wonder what the deal is there and why Funimation has the apparent need to skimp out on the slips. It shouldn't be too much to ask for to include them for all shows released for the first time as it's fine if they omit them for Essentials releases. While they might omit them for some titles, this is just ridiculous not giving them to some who placed a preorder for this.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                      Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                      Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I really like the art used for this release. It is a shame that some have slipcovers and some don't. Reminds me of my experience with Wolf's Rain.

Although I did notice on Funimation's shop the cover art for the essential releases for Chaos Dragon, Ninja Slayer, Deadman Wonderland, Dimension W and Scrapped Princess have the appearance of slipcovers now or they just removed the Blu-Ray placeholder case.

Comment

I pre-ordered from rightstuf and I didn't get a slip. Contacted Funi and of course no response. So I placed an order for it on Funimation's store and just got my copy and this time it did include a slipcover. No idea why this one is so rare and it makes me worried when part two comes around.

Comment

It's just so weird that FUNimation told me personally on Twitter that there shouldn't be one. Unless the Twitter person and whatever "brand team" they spoke to either lied or were misinformed based on the "proper" product image.

Not sure if I want to risk not getting the sleeve if I order from FUNimation...
                            Last edited by Asrialys; 02-12-2019, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Asrialys View Post
                              It's just so weird that FUNimation told me personally on Twitter that there shouldn't be one. Unless the Twitter person and whatever "brand team" they spoke to either lied or were misinformed based on the "proper" product image.
                              Funimations customer service is complete garbage. They probably have no clue so they lied when it clearly exists and was just a small print run it seems.

Oh and here is proof. Response from Funi in regards to the slipcover:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We would like to confirm with you that the incorrect product image for Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Part One was erroneously uploaded and the image was a misrepresentation of the actual product. This product was not released with an O-card (or O-sleeve), and it was never printed. The O-card does not exist at all physically with any retailer, including the Funimation Shop. We strive to produce and deliver the best products for all anime fans, and we apologize for the inconvenience that this error has caused."
                              Last edited by gundamcero; 02-12-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X