Widgets Magazine

Death Note: Double Feature (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Live-Action)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Death Note: Double Feature (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Live-Action)

Widgets Magazine

Death Note: Double Feature (Blu-ray/DVD) (Live-Action) due out on 1/22/19.
    Japanese with English subtitles

Death Note Movies 1-2 contain the first two live action movies which are an original Japanese sequel script and are faithful to the Death Note anime.

Special Features: Trailers
    Last edited by WTK; 11-15-2018, 11:40 PM.

Interesting. I thought the standard shots of Light and L were fine, but I suppose this approach could work as well. I certainly have no need of replacing my Blu-ray double feature of the same movies plus dubs with this.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

This release kinda needs a subtitle so as to not confuse these with the Netflix film. Should have went with "The 2006 movies" or something.

Anyway, the Viz Blu-ray set had a much better cover with Light's actor so this is kind of a downgrade in comparison to that and both DVDs.
      Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Cover is ugly and no dub as was said in the main thread. Good fucking riddance to this release. I haven't said this before about ANY R1 company or release in a very long time, but I honestly hope it loses money for them. We don't need missing dubs and redundant releases in 2018. I'm sure there is probably some blame on the licensing side of things, but what a waste of resources on Funi's part.
        Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Originally posted by Mach Rider View Post
          Cover is ugly and no dub as was said in the main thread. Good fucking riddance to this release. I haven't said this before about ANY R1 company or release in a very long time, but I honestly hope it loses money for them. We don't need missing dubs and redundant releases in 2018. I'm sure there is probably some blame on the licensing side of things, but what a waste of resources on Funi's part.
          Also missing extras, the Viz releases had a good amount of them (more so on the DVDs) while this release has NONE, not even the trailers that are included on their Light Up The NEW World release.
          Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Not too big a fan on this... It's subtle, but not pleasing.

Comment

I'm just not digging this cover art at all. While the subtleness is fine considering that it's the lesser-known live action version, this one just looks lazy and uninspiring, not exactly something that gets people to want to watch this. Not to mention, it doesn't distinguish itself from the Netflix production. I'm quite sure that Viz would have come up with something much better than this.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
              Watching: MHA season 2, Testament SND Burst, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
              Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, TOA-I3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, BIY, More TBD
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X