Widgets Magazine

Land of the Lustrous: Complete Collection (SteelBook LE)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Land of the Lustrous: Complete Collection (SteelBook LE)

Widgets Magazine

Land of the Lustrous: Complete Collection (Blu-ray SteelBook LE) due out on 1/22/19.
    SteelBook Edition is only available as part of a LIMITED 1ST RUN ONLY

Special Features: Steelbook Case; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Last edited by WTK; 01-03-2019, 09:58 PM.

I'm pretty sure that this image is just a placeholder as this doesn't exactly look right for the Steelbook. I'll have to wait and see the actual product before getting a good handle on this as the black border would look quite awkward on a Steelbook. This looks fine as a regular SE release, but not so much with a Steelbook release of this knowing the kinds of artwork that typically gets used for them. In any case, I'm hoping to see more of the gem girls on there, and that Steelbook gives off an amazing sparkle like the characters do in this show.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Super Bowl LIII from Atlanta
    Watching: Loki Ragnarok, Tsurune, Leviathan, Chaos;Child, Coppelion, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

https://twitter.com/animetoday/statu...53766593720320

Comment

Not a fan that the title is not on the actual steelbook itself. At the very least the spine. Unless the first picture is showing off the back of a slipcover.
        Last edited by Diakia89; 12-20-2018, 04:24 PM.
        "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

It does look like a slipcover to the left but I think the front of it is forward and the back is showing through. Notice the backwards text.
          What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

Alright, so that black border is a slipcover, which makes quite a lot of sense seeing that this stuff just wouldn't be possible to put on the steelbook cover. Anyway it looks nice given the design, and the front is transparent, which is why the back is showing (and if you look closely, the text is backwards going to show that it's on the see-through side). It makes sense to give a show about girls (yeah, I know they are actually genderless) made out of gemstones to give it a metallicized release, and it's looking good.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Super Bowl LIII from Atlanta
            Watching: Loki Ragnarok, Tsurune, Leviathan, Chaos;Child, Coppelion, Toonami Stuff
            Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

FWIW, final cover art + packaging shot added to the first post.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X