Widgets Magazine

Mamoru Hosoda Movie Collection (LE) (Summer Wars, The Boy and the Beast, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Wolf Children)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Mamoru Hosoda Movie Collection (LE) (Summer Wars, The Boy and the Beast, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Wolf Children)

Widgets Magazine

Mamoru Hosoda: Movie Collection (Blu-ray LE) due out on 10/16/18.
    Includes The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Wolf Children, Summer Wars, and The Boy and the Beast.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time: Feature Commentary, Feature with Storyboard, Feature with Storyboard Commentary, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Summer Wars: Interview with Ryunosuke Kamiki (Kenji Koiso), Interview with Nanami Sakuraba (Natsuki Shinohara), Interview with Mitsuki Tanimura (Kazuma Ikezawa), Interview with Ayumu Saito (Wabisuke Jinnouchi), Interview with Sumiko Fuji (Sakae Jinnouchi), Interview with Mamoru Hosoda (Director), Teaser Trailers (2 trailers), Teaser TV Spot, Original Trailer, TV Spots (7 spots), Coming Soon

Wolf Children: U.S. Actor & Staff Commentary, Stage Greetings, PR video Director's Version 01, PR video Director's Version 02, Promotional Video, Original Trailer, Original Teaser, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

The Boy and the Beast: The Boy and the Beast Exclusive Making Of, Cast Talk: The Best of The Boy and the Beast, Film Countdown Special, Promo Videos, Studio Chizu x ZIP! Collaborations, Original Japanese Trailers, TV Spot Collection, Trailers
    Last edited by WTK; 07-17-2018, 08:16 PM.

Coming in October 2018. It contains the movies The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, The Beast and the Boy, Wolf Children, and Summer Wars. This was shown at the panel, and a better image will be provided once the news is posted on the Funimation blog.

MyAnimeList | Avatar: Fukaziroh, Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
    Watching: Food Wars! The Second Plate, DB Super, One Piece, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: CCS, DFX, RGW, MHA, SOM, AMC, WIX, TGL, STG, FMP, SAO-G, CTH-U, CLG, UMA, GKY, LGH, TDK, D23, WOK, JOE-MB, HMR, DEL, NBS, IIZ, AKJ, AOA, FKJ
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Oops on the first slide...

https://twitter.com/keruri/status/1015317496616792064

Comment

Far less repeated artwork than the Hosoda Collection, which is a relief. Wolf Children having a screenshot on the digipack is a disappointment, but was expected due to there being only one promotional image for the entire film. I hope there'll be art cards or a booklet of some kind... the HC releases have the latter at least.

Comment

Hard to tell from that screenshot, but the box design looks ok-ish for what it is. Not really many choices one can go with when designing a 4-in-1 movie collection. Hope this set includes some extras aside from just the previous 4 discs. Definitely might pick this up.
          My Anime List
          Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Guess they couldn't fit "The Complete Works of Mamoru Hosoda Until GKIDS Started Outbidding Us for Every Anime Movie" on the box. How many times am I going to have to buy these damn movies? This will be the third time for all four. This looks like it might not include the booklets from the Hosoda Collection releases, so at least I'll be keeping those as well.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes | Twitter | Facebook

Comment

Cover art added to the first post.

Comment

Looks like a much nicer package than the Hosoda Collection releases, but lacking the booklets and apparently any physical extras, so even if they're the same discs, I'll be keeping both around. It's still a little sad to see this come out at this time because of Funimation's inability to continue licensing Hosoda's movies and releasing in the style they had been, but I'll take a nice enough collection of what they're able to bundle together.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes | Twitter | Facebook

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine