Widgets Magazine

MADE IN ABYSS: Season 1 Collection (LE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] MADE IN ABYSS: Season 1 Collection (LE)

Widgets Magazine

MADE IN ABYSS: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray LE) due out on 10/23/18.
    Special Features: Chipboard Box; 76 Page Booklet; Acrylic Phone Stand; Tapesrty Map; Lanyard w/ Attached Charm; Japanese Trailer & Promos; Kevin Penkin Interview; Jouel Event; Making of Made in Abyss 1 & 2; Music in Abyss; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Last edited by WTK; 09-10-2018, 09:58 PM.

After the beautiful art boxes that Japan got for Made in Abyss this is the crap that we get. Jesus Sentai is terrible. Even the crap they include to up the price is garbage.

Comment

It is hard to judge from one image, but I hope it is deserving of the high price tag.

Originally posted by gundamcero View Post
      After the beautiful art boxes that Japan got for Made in Abyss this is the crap that we get. Jesus Sentai is terrible. Even the crap they include to up the price is garbage.
      You really love to shit on things. At least wait until the whole thing is shown before killing Sentai.

Comment

Originally posted by angelmcazares View Post
        It is hard to judge from one image, but I hope it is deserving of the high price tag.

You really love to shit on things. At least wait until the whole thing is shown before killing Sentai.
        It comes with a lanyard and a phone stand. Pretty lame. That is the image of the outside of the box and I think it looks terrible. I so wanted this to be good cause I was hoping it would be a day one for me. Price is not the issue with this one. Although it is a joke. For me I can't believe they designed something this bad to think fans would want it. Of course people will buy it even if it is trash cause they buy anything limited. So no. I don't need to see more to know the set sucks. It's Sentai's MO with premium editions. All they had to do was copy the Japanese artwork for the limited edition. Super simple. Guess I was wrong to expect anything else.

Comment

Why couldn't they just use this.

Comment

@gundamcero

Just get the JP boxes if you hate everything Sentai, and spare us from your crappy attitude.

Comment

@gundamcero

Just get the JP boxes if you hate everything Sentai, and spare us from your crappy attitude.
              Or I can voice my opinion and you can keep yours to yourself. Not like I was asking for yours in the first place. Buy whatever the hell you want. I'm not stopping you nor do I care.
              Last edited by gundamcero; 06-21-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gundamcero View Post
                I'm not stopping you nor do I care.
                Yes, you do. You don't like that people buy stuff from Sentai.

Comment

Yes, you do. You don't like that people buy stuff from Sentai.
                  Oh I don't. Don't understand peoples decisions on that. But I'm not physically stopping you. You will do what you want just like I will.

Just so you know. I have over 100 Sentai blu-rays and I buy a lot of the standards. I voice my opinion on the Premium Sets cause I would love to be able to buy them but they make it difficult to care.
                  Last edited by gundamcero; 06-21-2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

@gundamcero

Well I for one just did - $275 for those gorgeous JP Blu-ray Boxes is money well spent to avoid that lame-looking box set Sentai is putting out. Ugh, they won't get any of my monies for that ugly thing. I assume the box is over-sized as well - If it doesn't fit into a DVD shelf unit, it is of little interest to me.
                    '
                    Last edited by t-Roy; 06-21-2018, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Not much to go on yet. I wish they'd go back to releasing the full packaging presentations right off the bat again. I bought it already, but it would be nice for it to really live up to the series. My biggest hope was the soundtrack, which it doesn't appear to have...
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Yea just from this shot, it's a huge downgrade from the beautiful artboxes the Japanese release got. Pretty disappointing imo.
                        My Anime List
                        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

After looking at the Japanese release, it looks like it's nowhere near as good as that. I'll wait and see what the whole package looks like before saying anything definitive about this.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
                          Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                          Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I think it should be obvious by now that Japanese licensors are not going to let U.S. publishers release disc sets that rival JP releases. We were never going to get something as good as the JP releases of Made in Abyss over here. I am not buying Sentai's PE of MiA because I don't love the show enough to justify the space it would take in my shelves (and it is a bit pricy). I actually think that Sentai's set looks like it could be well constructed and reflect the style and atmosphere of the show. I look forward to the full reveal.

Comment

I think it should be obvious by now that Japanese licensors are not going to let U.S. publishers release disc sets that rival JP releases.
                              That's not true. Sentai clearly chose to make the box like this. Maybe they didn't get the Japanese materials (and there could be a lot of reasons for that) but you can't write it off as Japan not wanting to get nice US Blu-ray boxes. There are plenty of LEs and CEs that get made here that are better than the Japanese release. Heck, some company's specifically replicate Japanese releases and that's their business model. It really just depends on what materials Sentai got and what kind of release the designer/marketing wanted to make.

For what it's worth, the box they're showing here looks like a mock up from a printing company. I wonder if they got pitched this concept from their vendor and went with that. It's gonna look cheap unless they put nice specialty on it.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X