Widgets Magazine

Cowboy Bebop: 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition(s)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Cowboy Bebop: 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition(s)

Widgets Magazine
    The Bebop Crew

The Boogie Woogie Box

The Bounty Hunter's Steel

https://www.funimation.com/bebop20th

THE BEBOP CREW | $550 https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...tion-blr-00232
    Bring home the entire crew in style with a set that's your jam! See all the details for this set:
    • Two PVC figure bookends featuring the Bebop crew
    • The complete series PLUS Cowboy Bebop the Movie: Knockin' on Heaven's Door on six Blu-ray discs in a digipak disc holder
    • On-disc special features including a newly recorded extra-more details to come!
    • Two-LP Vinyl record set of the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack
    • 200-Page hardcover art book featuring illustrations and newly-translated intensive liner notes by Dai Sato
    • Five lithographs
    THE BOOGIE WOOGIE BOX | $350 https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...tion-bld-00702
    Get a collection that'll jive with you in all the right ways. See what tune this sets bringing:
    • The complete series PLUS Cowboy Bebop the Movie: Knockin' on Heaven's Door on six Blu-ray discs in a digipak disc holder
    • On-disc special features including a newly recorded extra-more details to come!
    • A unique display rigid box with metal clasps
    • 200-Page hardcover art book featuring illustrations and newly-translated intensive liner notes by Dai Sato
    • Five lithographs
    THE BOUNTY HUNTER'S STEEL | $250 https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...tion-blr-00231
    Bring home a bounty that's more than worth its weight! Get ready to see stars with this set:
    • Limited Edition Rigid Collector's Box
    • The complete series PLUS Cowboy Bebop the Movie: Knockin' on Heaven's Door on six Blu-ray discs in three steel collector cases
    • Five lithographs
    WHAT IS IT, WHAT IS IT?
    • We're presenting three options varying in price and style to pick from. You make the choice to reserve a copy and if your favorite design reaches 1,000 reservations it'll be made!
    • Any set that reaches 1,000 reservations will be made. Depending on what fans choose, we could be making one, two, or all three sets! The best way to ensure you get the one you want is to reserve it now.
    HOW DOES IT WORK?
    • During a one-month period from May 1st to May 31st, you will have the opportunity to pick one or more of these three sets to reserve. By reserving your copy, you agree to buy the product you've chosen if it reaches 1,000 reservations by the end of the one-month period.
    • Your card will not be charged at the time you reserve your copy.
    • Reserving your copy early has its perks-as an early supporter we want to thank you by including a certificate of authenticity that is individually stamped and numbered*. Not only that, you'll get yours before anyone else!
    • If the set you reserved does not hit 1,000 reservations, you will NOT be charged.
    * Sets not numbered in order of purchase.

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE RESERVATION PERIOD?
    • After May 31st, if the set or sets you reserved successfully hit 1,000 reservations, your card will be charged. Any successful set will officially go into production and you will receive it later this year!
    • Once the reservation period ends, a general purchase period will begin lasting from May 31st to July 13th. It will be open to all fans, including those who did not reserve previously-but only successful sets will be available to buy.
    • As thanks for anyone who participated in the reservation period (regardless of the set's success) any sets that you add on during this purchase period will include the individually stamped and numbered certificate of authenticity and will be shipped to you before anyone else.
    • While there is no limit to the number of sets that you can buy, there is a limit to when you can purchase them: either the reservation period or the general purchase period. At the end of the general purchase period, we will close off all orders, finalize the order quantity, and send it to production.
    HAVE QUESTIONS?
    Why 1,000 units?
    In order to get the products manufactured, we have to meet a minimum order number.

If a set doesn't hit 1,000 reservations, will it really never be created?
    Yes, as mentioned above, manufacturing requires a minimum quantity. So, if a set doesn't hit the goal, it doesn't get made.

What if none of the sets hit 1,000 reservations?
    Then we're all gonna carry that weight-because none of the sets will be made.

Do I have to pay immediately?
    No, your information will be gathered, but your card will not be charged until the set reaches its goal and is confirmed for production on May 31st.

Can I reserve more than one?
    Yep, yep, yep! If you've got the woolong then you've got the means to reserve on multiple sets. You can even reserve multiple copies of each collector's edition if you so choose.

When will I receive my copy?
    For any successful sets, products will ship in time for the holidays.

What if I just want to buy the soundtrack?
    Per our agreement with the music company, Flying Dog, we can only sell this soundtrack vinyl bundled with the collector's edition. A vinyl only set will not be available.

What if I just want to buy the movie?
    While we don't have all the details right now, we WILL be releasing the Cowboy Bebop movie as a standalone release in the future.

Is there a limit to the number of collector's editions that can be reserved or produced?
    No. Keep in mind that there is a limited time to buy the collector's editions-either the reservation period or the general purchase period.

Why aren't you hosting this project on a crowdfunding site like Kickstarter?
    The short answer? We're not looking for crowdfunding for this set. By providing these three sets, we want to give you the power to choose what you're getting. Unlike Kickstarter campaigns, we're not asking for funding and we're not answering a yes or no question-we're trying to figure out what kind of set you want. While we love and support (and back!) lots of projects for new anime releases or new dubs for North America, we feel this project requires a different platform.
    NOTE: November 13, 2018 is the release date noted on all 3 pre-order listings
    NOTE 2: Reservation counter is NOT live. Updated every 24 hours.
    Last edited by WTK; 05-01-2018, 07:56 PM.

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...72849300971521
    BANG! Introducing concepts for the #CowboyBebop 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition(s)! Full details to come on Tuesday, 5/1!

Last edited by WTK; 05-01-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

If I had to rank them, I'd go 3 > 1 > 2, but honestly I love Bebop enough where I'd probably by all three of them.
      Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

1 > 3 > 2 imo. Though personally I think the Amazon CE that Funi put out a couple years back had a nicer design.
        My Anime List
        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Nice designs for all in many ways but not sure I can really give this the space required and the Artbook is the only thing I would really want. I do wonder why these companies sometimes don't make those available separately also.
          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Ugh, they certainly all look like releases I would very much like to own. Am I going to end up buying five different collector's edition Blu-ray sets of this series from Funimation within a five-year span? I fear the realistic possibility of that happening.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Now that I've read the email with a little bit more info on each, I think I might change my ranking to 3 > 2 > 1. If I'm reading the email correctly, 1 is just a digibook without an art box (so Attack on Titan Season 2 digibook without an art box to hold it? No thanks). So unless I'm reading the email wrong I don't think I'd be interested in the first release after all, just 2 and 3. While the book ends are cool, I'm not sure I'd use them.
              Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

That's just amazing those box sets, and I would have been interested in them had I not bought the LE a couple of years ago. Those are some great designs, but then there's the price tag that will totally crush my yearly anime budget really quickly.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Mach Rider View Post
                  Now that I've read the email with a little bit more info on each, I think I might change my ranking to 3 > 2 > 1. If I'm reading the email correctly, 1 is just a digibook without an art box (so Attack on Titan Season 2 digibook without an art box to hold it? No thanks). So unless I'm reading the email wrong I don't think I'd be interested in the first release after all, just 2 and 3. While the book ends are cool, I'm not sure I'd use them.
                  Yeah I'm right there with ya on that one. My initial ranking was 1 > 3 > 2 however after I read the article from Forbes about each collection and the details they give about what each set comes with my ranking would be 3 > 2 > 1 as well.

The bookends look really cool and I'm sure for the $500 price tag they will be very nice and high quality but I just wouldn't get a lot of use out of them. For me what sells an anime CE is the art and after looking over all three in more detail option 3 would be the best value for me. The steelbooks look awesome and so does the lithographs.

I really like the artwork they used. Option 2 comes in as my 2nd favorite mainly because the blue vinyl. The art used looks very good as well. If Option 3 doesn't get produced but Option 2 does I would still be happy.

My only complaint and its very small is the OST doesn't come on CD as well lol. I don't have a record player to play the vinyls lol

Comment

Originally posted by zidanetribal2000 View Post

My only complaint and its very small is the OST doesn't come on CD as well lol. I don't have a record player to play the vinyls lol
                    I thought that was strange too. I mean, I know vinyl is making a comeback, but a CD would make more sense. It may be a licensor requirement or something.

Comment

If the pricing in the Forbes article is official, Funimation has dropped the ball. I thought the SKU's were going to be along the lines of $120 MSRP, $200 MSRP and $250 MSRP. I love Cowboy Bebop, but I am not willing to pay more than $170 for a fancy BD set.

Comment

Same here. I think $800 is an absolutely ridiculous price for a 30 year old anime but at least you're getting a ton of episodes with LotGH. Funimation continue to drop every ball they've ever held.
                        MAL Profile

Comment

Originally posted by bobawesome View Post
                          Funimation continue to drop every ball they've ever held.
                          Yeah and in recent cases, important stuff gets affected in these situations. With the Haruhi UCE, it was Haruhi-chan on Blu-ray (not counting the separate DVD), with Speed Racer's CE, it was both versions of Mach GoGoGo and now with Cowboy Bebop, it's the movie and don't be surprised if that doesn't get a separate release either.
                          Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Additional packaging shots added to the first post.

Additional campaign details: https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/for...787#post698787

Comment

I think I will have to pass. I wish Funimation had offered a $130 set with just the BD's and the art book. A $200 set that had the BD's, art book and vinyls. And one for $500 that included the BD's, art book, vinyl, bookends and perhaps something else. But instead they are offering a very expensive set, a super expensive set and a mega expensive set. You are so delusional Funimation.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X