Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Dragon Ball Super, Part 1

Widgets Magazine

Dragon Ball Super, Part 1 (Blu-ray) due out on 7/25/17.
    Part 1 contains episodes 1-13.

Special Features: Catching Up on the Dragon Ball Universe: Sonny Strait & Savannah Ligaluppi, Catching Up on the Dragon Ball Universe: Christopher R. Sabat & Hero D. Sabat, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers
    Dragon Ball Super, Part 1 (DVD) due out on 7/25/17.
    Part 1 contains episodes 1-13.
    Last edited by WTK; 04-17-2017, 08:50 PM.

Re: Dragon Ball Super, Part 1

Not gonna lie, I'm not really liking this art. It just feels uninspired. The spine isn't shown in the OP but it's visible on Funimation's site, and I don't think it'll look too good on the shelf.

EDIT: OP now showing the spine art. Don't have to click my link to see it.
    Last edited by Footlong Shoe; 04-17-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Since it's the first of these... I do hope they take the chance to revisit the design. These are not off to a strong start.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I was hoping we would get something a little bit better than the standard "one character per set" design as is common for a lot of shonen shows. Whatever I guess. Hopefully it changes colors as the sets go along like Kai did, that was actually something I liked.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I do not like that font they used for the spine one bit...it just looks off to me.
        Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

These are the covers for volumes 1-6 in Japan. So we can guess what character will be on the next volumes cover over here:

Comment

I dig it! Way better than Yamamuro's JPN cover! Hope they have the JPN DVD singles art as reversible cover. I love the white and red background too but the spine does suck yeah. Wish they'd just use the logo proper on it and shift it down in the middle.

Comment

At least it goes well with the other Dragon Ball box arts, but nevertheless it's nothing to excited about.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
              Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
              Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

It looks alright to me, though I don't know why they put the title on the spine twice. Otherwise, it looks pretty similar to their other Dragon Ball releases.
                Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

The cover looks like crap but to be fair, the Japanese box covers don't look much better either. The only covers I've seen for Super that look close to decent are the Japanese rental DVDs.
                  Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Hadouken! Oops, wrong franchise.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X