Widgets Magazine

Star Blazers 2199, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Star Blazers 2199, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Widgets Magazine

Star Blazers 2199, Part 1 (Blu-ray/DVD LE) due out on 7/31/18.
    Includes collector's rigid box with room to house Parts 1 & 2 as well 40-page art book

Special Features: Special feature with voice actors and Funimation staff
    Star Blazers 2199, Part 1 (Blu-ray/DVD) due out on 7/31/18.
    - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...ombo-bld-00734
    Special Features: Special feature with voice actors and Funimation staff
    Last edited by WTK; 07-07-2018, 08:31 PM.

Looks good, they had lots of art to choose from but this seems appropriate enough. Though to see Star Blazers on this kills me inside, I mean christ Space Battleship Yamato is there but in just the smallest print possible.

What would be really cool (in fact far too cool so it won't happen) is if there was a reversible cover underneath without the Star Blazers stuff but yeah there's no way that'll happen *sigh*
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Good cover choice. Hopefully Dessler and/or Starsha are on part 2.

Comment

I hope there is a reversible cover. It reminds me of how ADV's DVD release of the Rurouni Kenshin OVAs said "Samurai X" on one side, but the reverse cover had the Rurouni Kenshin logo from the Viz manga.

I think I'll wait to buy this until I hear confirmation that they didn't change any names in the subtitles. I forget did the previous unfinished US BD release change character names (i.e. Derick Wildstar) or was only the title subtitle changed (Yamato -> Star Blazers)?

Comment

The subtitled version being shown on Crunchyroll now uses Japanese names, even if nobody can be absolutely certain about making "common-sense deductions" until they're watching the Blu-Rays. Anyway, after being stuck with having bought a bit over half of the series on expensive "quasi-import" Blu-Rays (which, I admit, I haven't opened to check the subtitles on) it surprised me that Funimation was able to produce a dub, it surprised me again that Crunchyroll was able to show the series subtitled, and it surprised me once more that we're going to get another release (even if I can still only hope the second half materializes in turn...)

Comment

Looks very nice. I bought the first two original releases, so I'll be happy to replace them with this full (eventually), proper release of the series with the new dub included. I'm pretty sure the only name change in those original BDs was the title.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I bought the full Japanese release, but I'll gladly support the 2202 release, when that happens.
              -Keith

Comment

This cover is decent enough, except I despise that Westernized Star Blazers title. This series is my #3 anime of all time; I imported all sorts of SBY 2199 Blu-ray releases from Japan, along with the exclusive digipak storage box, and the live two-concert big box Blu-ray set. I'm also collecting the JP SBY 2202 series even though it is not English friendly. But, I'll still have to pickup the Funi 2199 release anyway because I have quite a few friends I've been waiting a long time to show this series to who don't like to read subtitles, so I'll need a crappy dub just to make them happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                  I bought the full Japanese release, but I'll gladly support the 2202 release, when that happens.
                  I also bought the JP Blu-rays for 2199 and the Odyssey of the Celestial Ark movie, but I plan on buying Funimation's 2199 release (in large part because of the English dub) and the eventual 2202 release.
                  Last edited by angelmcazares; 04-16-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Solid art choice IMO with the main couple. The dub should be interesting.

Comment

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't mind the Star Blazers title. As I love the old show I'm actually pleased to see it used. Just as Astro Boy and Speed Racer are the more widely known names for those shows, Star Blazers and Space Battleship Yamato are pretty much synonymous to me.
                      Though I wish they'd do something along the lines of the Japanese 2202 blu rays, keeping the original title while also including 'star blazers' in smaller text beside it. The Itailian releases do something similar as well.
                      Since I've already got the Japanese blu ray set I would've thought my excitement for a proper US release would've been diminished somewhat, but it hasn't - I'm honestly well chuffed. And with a dub, that makes me a happy bunny indeed.

Comment

BD/DVD LE packaging shot added to the first post.

Comment

The LE is looking really nice; I especially like the art book. The extra $20 MSRP is definitely worth it.

Comment

Definitely glad to see that they're doing something a little for this. Can't wait to replace those old kinda-imports with this.
                            My Top Anime | Manga
                            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                            My FP Reviews | Twitter
                            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Ooo, that LE Box set is really nice, and will house part 2 as well - I pre-orderd that one immediately.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X