Widgets Magazine

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: OVAs + Films Collection (LE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Legend of the Galactic Heroes: OVAs + Films Collection (LE)

Widgets Magazine
    Detailed cover art + packaging shot (including additional ones not posted below): https://imgur.com/a/HNIug

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: OVAs + Films Collection (Blu-ray LE) due out on 7/24/18 [Sentai Filmworks Shop exclusive]
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...remium-box-set
    Japanese with English Subtitles

LIMITED QUANTITIES* Only 1000 Copies Available!
    *Our premium box sets are exclusive and limited to a set number so be sure to get your hands on this limited edition release before it's gone!!

Included in this release:
    - Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 110 Episodes
    - Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden - 52 Episodes
    - Film 1 - "My Conquest is the Sea of Stars"
    - Film 2 - "Overture to a New War"
    - Film 3 - "Golden Wings"

Unique chipboard box with magnetic clsing front lid
    The complete 162 episode series + 3 movie across 26 Blu-ray discs
    Four digipaks to contain all 26 Blu-ray discs
    Four chipboard boxes that contain the digipaks
    200 page hard cover book - series timeline, episode guide, character guide
    Free Planets Alliance and Galactic Empire double-sided metal coins
    Two 3D lenticular cards
    Uniquely serialized metal plaque - 1 of only 1000
    Last edited by WTK; 04-02-2018, 11:52 PM.

This just makes me sad. It's so unaffordable for so many long time fans that have been promoting it. It looks like a great set.
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

With this, Sentai has lost what last shred of respect I had for them. I don't care for the series but wow. They are out of their minds. Not that the absurd price tag will stop people from mortgaging their homes to buy it.
      MAL Profile

Comment

Pass, I don't even think it looks that good. No dub, no regular edition, no buy.

Comment

Of course the set is going to be expensive; it is a limited edition set with an equivalent of 170 episodes, which comes to about $5 per episode. If I was a fan of LotGH I would get this set. And would people by happier if Sentai had released this show in 4 sets, each with 40+ episodes at $200?

Comment

Originally posted by angelmcazares View Post
            Of course the set is going to be expensive; it is a limited edition set with an equivalent of 170 episodes, which comes to about $5 per episode. If I was a fan of LotGH I would get this set. And would people by happier if Sentai had released this show in 4 sets, each with 40+ episodes at $200?
            Yes actually! Because at least it would make it more affordable.
            Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

I can't believe they aren't offering this at regular edition too. This really sucks, especially since we waited so long for this. I mean maybe they will once this sells out but still really unhappy at this decision.

And sorry that I don't just have $800 to blow. And yeah it looks nice but not $800 nice.

I guess the only LOGH thing I will be able to own will be my Kotobukiya figures.

Comment

There's something missing in that picture...oh, yeah, where is the gold-plating? The (real) silver trim? How about the rubies and emeralds and diamonds encrusted into the box?
                Avatar: Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate the Combat Butler.
                Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                I'm a little tired now...I want soda.
                Casual

Comment

Originally posted by BlaizeV View Post
                  Originally posted by angelmcazares View Post
                  And would people by happier if Sentai had released this show in 4 sets, each with 40+ episodes at $200?
                  Yes actually! Because at least it would make it more affordable.
                  Ditto. I would be a lot happier with that. Having to buy it all at once is difficult.

I'm one of the ones who paid $400 in one go for the Boundary of Emptiness (Garden of Sinners) films. But even I don't know if I can reasonably afford a lump sum of twice that amount.

Why do the digipaks need their own boxes? I guess if you don't want to keep them inside the giant TriOptimum logo all the time?

A hardcover book with guides to every episode. Wow, I'd really like to hear from whoever had to work on that. It must have taken forever. Who is even a big enough LOGH expert to have compiled that? Did they hire Walter Amos and Rob Fenelon or something?
                  Last edited by russ869; 03-30-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Yeah, if they had done what Nozomi did in offering separate standard sets along the way and getting the whole set in a collector's LE set like this up front, nobody would really blink an eye over it. But this just removes it from almost everyone who might want to try it and a great number of the "older" fans who don't have that kind of money. Consider the original age of the series and that college age fans watched then are now in their sixties and looking at slimmer wallets. This is also obviously hugely out of reach for younger fans who wouldn't be interested to begin with for the most part. That sweet spot in the middle of fans in my age range? We're dealing with families, kids, college tuition, bills, etc. Dropping $800 just doesn't happen.
                    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

It LOOKS nice, but $800 all at once ain't happenin.' I would much prefer a regular edition. I hate digipaks, that thing is ginormous...more power to the people that buy it. I'll just stick with the novels and call it a day.

Comment

Whoa. For $800, I expected the box to be gold gilded or at least made of metal instead of just another oddly shaped chipboard artbox.
                        My Anime List
                        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Well, I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the set using PayPal Credit, so at least I can pay it off over 6 months interest-free, to lessen the hit to the wallet a bit. I'm not a fan of the art styles of pre-2000 anime, but I am a big fan of space operas, so I can't see me not liking this. This is basically a blind-buy for me; I watched the first three episodes today for the very first time, and I'm into it. No god-awful giant mech in this, thankfully!

The digipaks are a big plus for me, I love them - it's one reason I import so many Japanese LE releases and CE releases from Anime Limited in the UK. Probably the biggest detraction for me is that I assume Sentai will be using their standard piss-yellow subtitles for this - gawd how I hate yellow subtitles. Still, I'll take even yellow subtitles over a dub any day, so I guess I won't complain too much.

Comment

Or Sentai, you could just release it like you released Gatchaman. Just sayin'
                            -Keith

Comment

The set does look really beautiful. Unfortunately, Japan has screwed us again over their fears of reverse importation. I?ll keep my fingers crossed that they might allow Sentai to doa standard release somewhere down the line, but honestly, I?m not all that hopeful. At least it?s streaming somewhere legally, and that?s an improvement over not having the show at all.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X