Widgets Magazine

Outlaw Star: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo CE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Outlaw Star: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo CE)

Widgets Magazine

Outlaw Star: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo CE) due out on 6/13/17.
    Collector's Editions includes a special metallic chipboard box inspired by the design of the spaceship with a hatch opening, plus a 100 page artbook!

Special Features: Pilot Video, Trailer, Commercial Collection, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers
    https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017...ectors-edition
    The Collector’s Edition of Outlaw Star features a special die-cut box crafted to resemble the titular ship of the show, with a vertical hatch-style opening. The ship’s paint job was hand-painted by the designer to recreate nicks and scratches on the ship—a great touch that should be noteworthy to anyone familiar with Gene’s rather… haphazard handling habits. Open the hatch on this box and you will find a hefty 100 page art-book, full of exclusive line art, character designs, mechanical designs, and even background image concepts.
    Last edited by WTK; 04-15-2017, 09:37 AM.

Re: Outlaw Star: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo CE)

Strong suspicion that this will be like the Death Parade LE except being split horizontally instead of vertically.
    My Anime List
    YouTube <- I do collection Videos
    Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Hmm...wanna see what the insides look like before I commit to this. Not sure if I like that there isn't a spine, would have preferred one similar to Bebop.
      Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Not really digging it, though I doon't know anything about the show. Still, this wouldn't catch the eye of a newcomer imo.
        My Anime List
        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

I can see what they are trying to do with this, but I feel it would be better if they focused on the crew instead of the ship. I'm guessing they will show up inside the ship, but it would probably be better to showcase the ship in the breathtaking view of space with the crew instead. This show has some seriously great backdrops to use.
          My Anime List - My Collection
          Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
          Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
          Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

Unimpressive

Comment

From the look of things, this box opens up from the top. While I give credit to Funimation for being creative here, this just doesn't feel right. I'll wait and see how this thing looks, but it looks rather unimpressive based on initial impressions.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
              Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
              Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Hmm... *BLECH!*

Don't like this CE at all. I'll go with the regular edition and call it a day.

Comment

Definitely a fugly looking box, if you ask me... but, I also don't care too much for the Standard Edition cover, so I'm not really up for either one. This box's only attraction is the manner in which it opens. I'm really glad I picked up the UK CE release, as that box is so much more attractive, art-wise.
                  Last edited by t-Roy; 03-24-2017, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Well that's certainly something. At least it's more visually interesting than the old Bandai DVD set I currently have (solid black with only the title in hard-to-read gold foil on all sides). Hopefully there's some nice character art on the inside.
                    What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

Packaging shot added to the first post.

Comment

Aside from that unconventional box, it looks pretty good, at least the parts that are visible. But they don't show what's on the outside sleeves of the cases.
                        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                        Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                        Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017...ectors-edition

The Collector’s Edition of Outlaw Star features a special die-cut box crafted to resemble the titular ship of the show, with a vertical hatch-style opening. The ship’s paint job was hand-painted by the designer to recreate nicks and scratches on the ship—a great touch that should be noteworthy to anyone familiar with Gene’s rather… haphazard handling habits. Open the hatch on this box and you will find a hefty 100 page art-book, full of exclusive line art, character designs, mechanical designs, and even background image concepts.

Comment

called it, looks neat, but I'l just go the regular edition.
                            My Anime List
                            YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                            Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                              From the look of things, this box opens up from the top. While I give credit to Funimation for being creative here, this just doesn't feel right. I'll wait and see how this thing looks, but it looks rather unimpressive based on initial impressions.
                              It is not creative, done earlier with the original Eureka 7 releases from Bandai. And I can tell you it is HORRID. Most people tend to pickup a box from the shelf by the top, and this and eureka 7 look pretty much like standard boxes. I cannot tell you how often contents have been spread everywhere because an unsuspecting person picked one of those boxes up and the bottom falls out.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X