Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Dragon Ball Super, Part 3

Widgets Magazine

Dragon Ball Super, Part 3 (Blu-ray) due out on 2/20/18.
    Episodes 27 - 39

Special Features: Anime Expo 2017: Interview with Sean Schemmel & Jason Douglas, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers
    Dragon Ball Super, Part 3 (DVD) due out on 2/20/18.
    Episodes 27 - 39
    Last edited by WTK; 04-17-2018, 11:35 PM.

Re-used DBZ:Resurrection F artwork again...

Comment

Not bad, it's whatever. I'll still pick it up. I really wish we could speed up these releases somehow, but I know they're purposely trying to stay behind the Toonami airing. It would be nice if we could stay on par with it at least, the Toonami airing will likely have started the next arc by the time this comes out.
      Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Originally posted by Mach Rider View Post
        Not bad, it's whatever. I'll still pick it up. I really wish we could speed up these releases somehow, but I know they're purposely trying to stay behind the Toonami airing. It would be nice if we could stay on par with it at least, the Toonami airing will likely have started the next arc by the time this comes out.
        If they release Part 4 in March they'll be up to episode 52, and if they release Part 5 in May they'll hit close to the finale of the Trunks arc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bat_Saiyan View Post

If they release Part 4 in March they'll be up to episode 52, and if they release Part 5 in May they'll hit close to the finale of the Trunks arc.
          I'd be pretty shocked if they release it 2 months in a row.

Anyways I figures Vegeta would be on this cover and I am quite happy with the image they selected.

Comment

Back covers added to the first post.
            Last edited by WTK; 04-17-2018, 11:35 PM.

Comment

The cover art works, but nevertheless it just looks lazy and it feels like they just reused a cover art here. It goes along well with the rest, but I don't get the vibe that they actually took great care in selecting this.
              Avatar: Mahiru Shiina, The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten
              Watching: Dai-Guard, Black Summoner, Vermeil in Gold, Rumble Garanndoll
              Simulcasts: MSG, TYE, BLE, GKY, CSM, EOC, ESW, MOB, DIY, AMW, UYA, ARK, MHA, ALB, UZC, SXF, KKR, BTR, UWM, BLK
              A dedicated anime fan fan since 1997.

Comment

It would be nice if Funimation put some effort into making these releases look as good as the success of the series warrants. They tend to look sloppily thrown together, and that really sucks to see.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                Fandom Post Radio

Comment

To be fair, the Japanese box covers don't look much better either. The only thing that tops both releases in cover art is the Japanese rental DVDs.
                  Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118:
                  "It's in the Cards" (Cloverway, 2000)
                  "Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldiers' Bet" (Cloverway/Pioneer, 2000)
                  "Battle Inside the Demonic Space! The Sailor Guardians' Gamble" (Viz, 2015)

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                    It would be nice if Funimation put some effort into making these releases look as good as the success of the series warrants. They tend to look sloppily thrown together, and that really sucks to see.
                    Tbf their hands are tide. Promo art for DBS has been frankly awful so re using art is for the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bat_Saiyan View Post

Tbf their hands are tide. Promo art for DBS has been frankly awful so re using art is for the better.
                      Toei is likely to blame primarily, but if they couldn't get the rental DVD art, I would think commissioning new artwork that could hopefully have a little more kick as they have always done for One Piece and also did for Kai would be possible. And the general design of the releases could still be spruced up a bit, as well.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post

Toei is likely to blame primarily, but if they couldn't get the rental DVD art, I would think commissioning new artwork that could hopefully have a little more kick as they have always done for One Piece and also did for Kai would be possible. And the general design of the releases could still be spruced up a bit, as well.
                        I was hoping before Part 1 came out they would have rentals as reverse cover sadly not.

Thing about commissioning art is Toei have a good promo artist and a bad one, the bad one did the awful Kai TFC covers meanwhile the good one did Part 1 of DBS but for someone FUNi have re-used art for Part 2&3. Part 4 should be solicited soon so let's see what art they use for that.

I do the like the different colour schemes they have for these parts though, red for pt1, purple for pt2, blue for pt3.

Comment

I picked this up today. The cover art actually looks way sharper than the picture lets on, the whole thing is more of a metallic blue than purple and the effect is neat, especially on Vegeta's hair.
                          Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Yeah, fortunately these all look dramatically better in person thanks to their metallic effects. That is their one saving grace, so I give Funimation credit for adding that touch.
                            My Top Anime | Manga
                            My FP Reviews | Twitter
                            Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...