Widgets Magazine

Grimgar - Ashes and Illusions: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Grimgar - Ashes and Illusions: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Widgets Magazine

Grimgar - Ashes and Illusions: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) due out on 5/2/17.
    Grimgar - Ashes and Illusions: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) due out on 5/2/17.
    Special Features: OVA 2.5 - Staking Our Youths on the Bath Wall - One More Centimeter, Episode 4 Video Commentary, Trailers
    Last edited by WTK; 03-19-2017, 12:53 PM.

Re: Grimgar - Ashes and Illusions: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

This is an excellent choice and a beautiful piece. I love the watercolor look of it, especially the LE box.
    My Anime List
    Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Very beautiful piece of artwork there that's a great representation of the show's dramatic and melancholy mood. I wonder what the deal is with the name change as it already has an English name given by the Japanese source material that was used during the broadcast period.
      Avatar: Caster Artoria, a.k.a. Castoria, Fate/Grand Order
      Watching: FMA Brotherhood, Marmalade Boy, Clannad, Vinland Saga
      Simulcasts: TBD
      A dedicated anime fan fan since 1997.

Comment

LE packaging shot added to the first post.
        Last edited by WTK; 03-01-2017, 02:00 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Just a gorgeous package this is, and very reflective of the show's grim nature. I especially like that poster that shows the scene in the ending animation. I just hope that Mary appears on the other side of the box seeing that she's an important character that doesn't appear until the middle of the show.

Comment

Man all the art used for this release are just amazing. The box, covers, artcards, and even the reverible covers. That poster is an extra bonus. I always loved that piece.
            My Anime List
            Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

I'll probably go standard but this is a really nice looking set.

On a side note I only just realized they changed the name, shame really as I quite liked the 'of Fantasy and Ash'.
              Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Definitely LE for me - really beautiful artwork for these. And, I actually prefer this new title over the original. I need to preview some of this series, have not seen it yet, but this is one of those cases of the packaging and artwork selling the series to me as a blind buy...
                Last edited by t-Roy; 03-01-2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Comment

Quick pic of the back of the artbox and the other side of the extras box. The artbox itself has sort of a canvas texture to it (AoA's R.O.D. BD box has a similar texture) and the title is done in gold foil.

What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

I really like what Funimation is doing with these boxes adding much more life to them. First, there's the glossy character shot on My Hero Academia, and now this. Anyway, it's fitting given something that happens in the show.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X