Widgets Magazine

Tales of Zestiria the X: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales of Zestiria the X: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Tales of Zestiria the X: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) due out on 11/21/17.
    Limited Edition includes: Chipboard box with specialty print; 4-panel digipak with specialty print featuring character art, including Velvet Crowe from Tales of Berseria; 4 art cards featuring character art

Special Features: Episode 0 Commentary, Episode 3 Commentary, Dawn of the Shepherd, Promo Videos, Commercials, Episode 0 Unaired Preview, Episode 12 Unaired Preview, Season 2 Trailer, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers
    Tales of Zestiria the X: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) due out on 11/21/17.
    Special Features: Episode 0 Commentary, Episode 3 Commentary, Dawn of the Shepherd, Promo Videos, Commercials, Episode 0 Unaired Preview, Episode 12 Unaired Preview, Season 2 Trailer, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers
    Last edited by WTK; 10-26-2017, 05:47 PM.

• WTK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    So much for Funi's shelf space saving initiative as I was expecting it to be a box that holds both season. Instead, we get digipaks and that's not a good thing given their poor track record with them, all while the second season is probably getting its own box. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Leave a comment:

• gundamcero
    replied
    So instead of making a box to hold both seasons we get this shit. What the hell. Pass

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Packaging shot added to the first post.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Well-made digipaks are great, but unfortunately Funi misses the mark more often than not when it comes to them, so I prefer for them to do things this way since Funi has made a bazillion of these boxsets and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Leave a comment:

• t-Roy
    replied
    Haha, I'm the complete opposite - I dislike Blu-ray keep-cases with their exposed blue tops and their tiny cover sheets where the cover art often ends up compressed and/or overlayed - and I especially hate those ugly, blue Blu-ray banners across the top of slips and combo box sets. At least on this set it's black, which is very rare to see but more appealing. Also, the majority of US domestic LE box sets are still DVD/BD combo sets, which I despise even more - please give up already on forcing DVDs on those of use wanting a Blu-ray set - if someone still needs DVDs that badly after all these years, they can buy a dang DVD set separately!

I definitely like the appearance of the LE set shown here, but I still I much prefer G1-size digipaks or even regular DVD cases inside a G1-height chipboard box for a Blu-ray LE box set - to me the larger G1 sets have much more of a Limited Edition air and appearance to them, Plus they have more real estate available for larger artwork and art books, etc. I do love that a large majority of JP LE releases are G1 with digipaks, and that they are pretty much all BD-only sets - so I'll continue to import them every chance I get! Different strokes for different folks!
    Last edited by t-Roy; 08-21-2017, 09:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Glorian
    replied
    Sorry, but I detest digipaks; they're impractical, and IMO, just a really poor packaging choice. I've thrown out digipaks and had to make custom packaging, and I hate having to mess with that, especially for special or limited edition sets.

And I think this cover look nice; it's a good choice.

Leave a comment:

• t-Roy
    replied
    Well, that wrap-around art is on the digipak, not the box - I so wish Funimation was even capable of doing JP quality digipaks for their LE releases, I love big digipak art like that. Digipaks being a standard in LE sets is one big reason I already import so much anime from Japan.

Leave a comment:

• BlaizeV
    replied
    Honestly I'm not digging the border. Funimation are doing this alot right now (Lodoss War, Seraph, Arslan etc) and while this show is arguably appropriate for having a border I do feel like it would have been more exciting to look at without one.

The show has some beautiful art which is neutered by the border but worst of all is the colors. The colors of this shows Promo art really pop and all that is missing from this release. Instead it's just black and a dark gold border so I'm going against the grain here and saying that this is meh' at best.

I mean look at the Japan releases and the beautiful wrap around artwork, in my opinion this looks so much better.

Leave a comment:

• t-Roy
    replied
    Both sets look really nice - I especially love the borders Funi has been using lately on their releases, they really frame the artwork nicely and make it stand out. So glad the Blu-ray banner on the SE combo is black rather than that hideous shade of blue. The LE appears to be a double-case box and not one of Funi's new thinner LE boxes.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied
    We'll see if that Daisuki logo sticks around. It's not even on the regular release right now. Definitely a great design choice. If the border and artwork are actually different pieces for the LE box, that would make it even slicker. Excellent use of a standard piece of art.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    It turns out that this is getting a LE release. That's pretty odd to see that the Daisuki logo is on it even though they are going away soon. It still says season 1 on the spine, and it's unclear if this is going to be designed to hold both seasons or if there's a separate one coming for it. It's probably the former seeing that this is how Funimation usually does it, but if so, the Season 1 text on the spine must go.

Leave a comment:

• angelmcazares
    replied
    That is a different kind of look for a Funimation release, but it looks really nice.

Leave a comment:

• Chisel
    replied
    This is actually pretty neat assuming that the border is a cutout from the slipcover (like Fairy Tail releases) and doesn't apply to the actual inner cover.

EDIT: Sweet it's getting an LE. The border fits much better on the artbox there.
    Last edited by Chisel; 08-17-2017, 12:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X