Widgets Magazine

Speed Racer: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD CE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Speed Racer: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD CE)

Widgets Magazine

Speed Racer: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo CE) due out on $299.98.
    Speed Racer Collector's Edition contains all 52 episodes of the original 1967 Speed Racer (dubbed), all 52 episodes of the original Mach Go Go Go (subbed) and all 34 episodes of Mach Go Go Go: Restart (1997, subbed) plus a collectible Speed Racer keychain with art from the Mach Go Go Go series.

Complete 1967 Speed Racer Collection on DVD and Blu-ray. Complete 1967 Mach GoGoGo Collection on DVD and Blu-ray. Complete 1997 Mach GoGoGo Restart Collection on DVD.

This Collectible Speed Racer Bust with sound effects includes 5 phrases from the original Speed Racer and a movable visor.

Special Features: 2017 Q&A with Corinne Orr
    Last edited by WTK; 10-28-2017, 08:32 AM.

It's almost like they really don't want anyone to buy "Mach GoGoGo."

Even if I was into this kinda kitschy stuff, I still wouldn't want that horror show staring at me, let alone what it'll look like, once it's mass-produced. Putting aside my other concerns, hopefully there will eventually be a more conventional release.
    Last edited by Junker Woland; 07-01-2017, 09:57 PM.
    Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

I don't know what Funimation where thinking when designing the extra, for the CE release. A poster/ artcard(s)/keychain/better packaging or better extras, would have been a better option IMO. Not as bad as the recent Ronaldo statue, but getting their. At least Funimation, are putting the FUN, back into the company name.
      Last edited by ibby; 07-02-2017, 12:21 AM.

Comment

That packaging is as creepy as heck! I'm worried the discs will be loose or something similar to the original Gantz release where the discs have little to no protection. I'd be afraid of my discs showing up all scratched up and unplayable with that kind of packaging.

Comment

Okay so I really want the contents of this set but I do not want that statue at all
          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Lol wouldn't mind that statue but think the Set is region Locked

Comment

If you sit that thing on a shelf in your bedroom, it might just start talking to you in the middle of the night...

"Get... out!"

Comment

I just want Mach GoGoGo, literally nothing else there. WTF Funi?
                -Keith

Comment

I know I had a "I'm interested in watching Mach GoGoGo (Speed Racer either appeared too early or was revived too late for me to really imprint on it), but not that interested" reaction myself.

Comment

So no mention of any of the other speed racer series for this Set anywere?

Comment

Originally posted by mikezilla2 View Post
                      So no mention of any of the other speed racer series for this Set anywere?
                      The 97 show right? They said nothing about it.
                      Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post

yea the one that came after , before all this was revealed a few posts had hinted at it but guess it might have been wishful thinking on there Part !

Comment

They sure did pick an odd choice of packaging.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                          Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                          Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post

Also there's a new Speed Racer anime series in production in japan by Tatsunoko (which was announced in 2015). I kindly wonder if the new upcoming TV series will be 3DCG, or animated (or a mixture of both), and will Funimation have the rights to it, or will it be SentaiFilmWorks (as both have connections to this franchise).

Comment

Originally posted by ibby View Post

Also there's a new Speed Racer anime series in production in japan by Tatsunoko (which was announced in 2015). I kindly wonder if the new upcoming TV series will be 3DCG, or animated (or a mixture of both), and will Funimation have the rights to it, or will it be SentaiFilmWorks (as both have connections to this franchise).
                              FUNi probably will which is why it sorta bugs me that they didn't bother redubbing either series. Yes, there's a good reason for not doing so for the 60s show (old dub nostalgia & a chance to own in HD) but the 90s show never had a complete dub because of legal nonsense back when it aired so leaving that sub-only is a bit of a bummer, especially knowing that there's a new show coming soon.

Speaking of the 90s show, there's also the matter of Japan's recent SD Blu-ray release which I still wonder about. Will FUNi release it the same way (which would be a first for them) or just on DVD only?
                              Last edited by NJ_; 07-22-2017, 07:53 AM.
                              Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X