Widgets Magazine

Gosick, Part 2 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Gosick, Part 2 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Widgets Magazine

Gosick, Part 2 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) due out on 9/5/17.
    Special Features: Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers
    Last edited by WTK; 07-28-2017, 11:57 PM.

Eh, the slight angle in the preview art makes it look kind of derpy. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the border thing they're going for.

Comment

A beautiful choice of cover art. I also like the amusing kimono scene being showcased on the spine. While I still would have liked an art box for this series, these releases are still a wonderful way to collect the show.
      Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
      Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Really nice like the first part (love it or hate it on the border design).
        My Anime List
        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

No surprises after the first part. Some of the design choices for these releases are out of the ordinary and I could see people taking issue with them, but I think they really complement the beautiful art style of the series.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Jin12 View Post
            Eh, the slight angle in the preview art makes it look kind of derpy. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the border thing they're going for.
            Well to be fair the border was also on the Japanese singles so there wasn't much Funimation could do about that.
            Last edited by Diakia89; 06-16-2017, 06:33 AM.
            "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

You can put it in a brown paper bag and I'll still buy it.

The cover's fine and as noted above, resembles the original Japanese singles releases.

I agree with Mc-Taz that a box would be nice, but at this point, I'll take what we have which is an affordable release with a dub. It's just 5 years late, but at least it's now here and complete.
              Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
              Scratchy for Tama is angry.
              Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post

Well to be fair the border was also on the Japanese singles so there wasn'5 much Funimation could do about that.
                I guess that settles it, I'm also going to buy it regardless.

Comment

This looks fine and goes along nicely with the first volume. That was to be expected, but nevertheless it's a good decision to go with this.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Haru, My Roommate is a Cat
                  Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

One thing I noticed is that they used that image of Victorique (in the main image) on the spine of the first set. This makes me wonder if they are going to keep this cover or switch it for one of the others. They probably should have thought about that ahead of time if that was going to be the plan.

Comment

Here is a picture of the inside wrap artwork, which includes more great choices for the artwork. Unfortunately it's also flawed with misprinted Blu-Ray and DVD region code icons which aren't even relevant to this release's coding in the lower left corner. I'm not sure how they got there and made it through the proofing process, but maybe Funimation will offer a reprint for this mistake.

Edit: Out of curiosity I went back to check the first set's inside wrap as well, and the issue is present there too. In this case it was harder to find because of the darker colors contained in the image for that set. It must be some template error that was not found and fixed before they finalized the image. I find it hard to believe the printer would be at fault in this situation when both of these releases contain the same error for sets released months apart.
                      Last edited by Mc-Taz; 09-01-2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X