Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Cardcaptor Sakura: Complete Series Standard Edition

Widgets Magazine

Cardcaptor Sakura: Complete Series Standard Edition (Blu-ray) due out on 7/3/17.
    Cardcaptor Sakura Complete Series Standard Edition collects all three seasons and contains episodes 1-70.

Special Features: English voice overs, Clean Openings and Endings.
    Last edited by WTK; 07-21-2017, 10:09 PM.

There's life over at NISA after all for anime? Even if it's just a re-release of one of their arguably more popular titles, it's still great to see some kind of activity over there. This image was nice on the premium box and it will work well with the standard version as well. Maybe they will surprise us when the new Cardcaptor series premiers, but I really can't see that avoiding the hands of the bigger publishers as it is.
    Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
    Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
      This image was nice on the premium box and it will work well with the standard version as well.
      I agree. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
      Avatar: Itchan, Kris & Akari (Battle Athletes Victory)
      Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
      Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

A rather timely reveal; would be swell if it was indicative of interest in pursuing the new series, but I'm not going to hope for the unlikely too much. Honestly, I never thought this looked great (Discotek's movie release surprisingly looked infinitely better), but I wouldn't want the standard edition to look better either.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Very appropriate choice of cover art here. It was expected, but nevertheless there's no need to use anything else. Now as for NIS America, that's another story entirely.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: The Ohio State University Buckeyes
          Watching: Tylor, Astra Lost in Space, School-Live!, Vanguard
          Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
            If it ain't broke don't fix it.
            And with this updated cover my statement still stands. It's the same cover that was used for the PE's blu-ray case-A nice one that IMO should still work here.
            Avatar: Itchan, Kris & Akari (Battle Athletes Victory)
            Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
            Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
              A rather timely reveal; would be swell if it was indicative of interest in pursuing the new series, but I'm not going to hope for the unlikely too much. Honestly, I never thought this looked great (Discotek's movie release surprisingly looked infinitely better), but I wouldn't want the standard edition to look better either.
              SURPRISINGLY huh? Hahahaha.

Comment

Looks like the updated version switched to the regular case art instead of the box art. It's also a great image, so no issues here with the change. It appears that this is going to be in a thick BD case to hold all the discs, but not the unique clamshell-like one found in the Premium Edition. It also doesn't seem to be the same type of case that Funimation uses in their multi-season combo sets. Possibly due to the higher disc count, but I guess it will be similar in size being that you can probably squeeze two more discs into the same size case.

Brady, the art selected for Discotek's movie release was certainly a good one as well. The thing that I really appreciated there was the design of the logo though. That was leaps and bounds better than what NISA chose, and it would have been nice if they adopted that style instead. It's too bad that the release of the movie happened after the TV series. Not sure if you guys were aware that NISA was putting out the TV series before you were working on the movie, but it would have been great if you guys were able to coordinate with one another at that time.
                Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ashura View Post

SURPRISINGLY huh? Hahahaha.
                  Haha only because I'm so used to NISA Premium Editions being the gold standard.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Disc art added to the first post.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine