Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Hunter x Hunter (2011): Set 1

Widgets Magazine

Hunter X Hunter Set 1 Blu-Ray + GWP due out on 10/25/2016.
    Hunter X Hunter set 1 contains episodes 1-13 plus 3 art cards for a limited time only.

Special Features: Trailers, Ending Credits, Cleaning Opening and Ending Songs, and more TBA.

Spoken Language: English, Japanese

While supplies last, Hunter X Hunter Set 1 Blu-ray will be shipping with a special gift with purchase! Check back for details!
    Hunter X Hunter Set 1 DVD due out on 10/25/2016.
    Special Features: Trailers, Ending Credits, Cleaning Opening and Ending Songs.
    Last edited by WTK; 10-01-2016, 12:58 AM.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
    Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Re: Hunter x Hunter (2011): Set 1

Seems it'll hve the Blu-ray banner on the front only like their recent Bleach BD release. Better than having it around the whole thing I guess, but still would have been better if it were a removable cardboard flap like their LE's. The art is pretty good overall. I like how they're using the Hunter association logo for the sets there.
    My Anime List
    Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Nice design all-around. I'd love to have chipboard boxes with more extras inside than this, but the chances of that are pretty low with long-running series, even for Viz. It would be cool if the slipcover had some kind of effect, but this doesn't strike me as art that particularly lends itself to that. I'm just glad to have it.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I kinda wish there were more episodes per set since this is such a long series, but I do like the cover. I wonder if some sort of art box will be offered.

Comment

Edited the DVD cover art (plus back cover) to the first post.

Comment

Looks like the spines will be nearly indistinguishable as a different series from the 1999 adaptation.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I guess the distinguishing factor is that yellow caution tape.

Comment

Full sized Blu-ray cover art with disc arts + postcards preview added to the first post.

Comment

That's a nice all-around design there, and certainly it fits the image of what the show is all about, as well as setting itself up for the next 11 volumes that are coming.
                  Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Looks like they're using the Japanese covers here without the backgrounds. Gon is from Volume 1 & Killua is from Volume 2.
                    Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Hunter...-1-Blu-ray-GWP
                      Order Hunter X Hunter set 1 and receive an exclusive life-size Hunter License replica while supplies last, no Hunter Exam required! These Hunter license replicas are based on the ones in the series, are made from thick, durable plastic and are roughly the size of a standard credit card. Be sure to snag yours while they last!

Comment

Oh wow that's neat.
                        My Anime List
                        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

That's a lot cooler than I was expecting. Sweet; I look forward to it.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Very nice gift there, and it fits perfectly with the theme of this show. Not a license to kill, now I like that.

Comment

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere else, but there is an ad in the latest Otaku USA that lists a Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook with bonus manga.

Here's a scan of the ad:

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X