Widgets Magazine

Summer Wars (Blu-ray / DVD Combo Collector's Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Summer Wars (Blu-ray / DVD Combo Collector's Edition)

Widgets Magazine

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...53627712241664

Summer Wars (Blu-ray / DVD Combo Collector's Edition) (Hosoda Collection) due out on 11/22/16.
    Special Features: Interview with Mamoru Hosoda (Director), Interview with Ryunosuke Kamiki (Kenji Koiso), Interview with Nanami Sakuraba (Natsuki Shinohara), Interview with Mitsuki Tanimura (Kazuma Ikezawa), Interview with Ayumu Saito (Wabisuke Jinnouchi), Interview with Sumiko Fuji (Sakae Jinnouchi), Teaser Trailers (2 trailers), Teaser TV Spot, Original Trailer, TV Spots (7 spots)
    Last edited by WTK; 10-06-2016, 05:16 PM.

Re: Summer Wars (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Is there an artbook/other goodies included in this one?

Comment

I don't like the orange at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
        Yeah it's really not the colour you think about when it comes to the series. Lept Throught Time took the blue scheme though :/

Comment

Pointless release. Happy with my slipcover. Looks better than that crap.

Comment

Re: Summer Wars (Blu-ray / DVD Combo Collector's Edition)

I actually really like the cover art underneath the slipcard. The slipcard makes it fit inline with their "Hosada Collection", but seriously, orange? Why?!
            My Anime List
            Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Does the slipcover come creased?
              @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

Originally posted by Asrialys View Post
                See this thread: LINK.

Comment

Looks good, but I'm afraid that it is just going to end up being another mess like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Not to mention, orange isn't exactly appealing.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                  Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                  Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Asrialys View Post
                    Lol - what a nightmare we had with the plastic slipcover for the TGWLTT CE, I wonder what the replacement rate was for that one? I guess enough people complained and got a replacement for their creased and warped slips caused by the tight shrink wrap, which resulted in some major stress damage on the stiff plastic, that Funi has now changed the way they will be wrapping the rest of the Hosada releases. I was one who took the effort to get a replacement slip, and although that one did arrive without creases, warps, or mangled corners from any shrink wrap, it turned out to be a bit more gray and off-color than the original, and since it shipped flat and bare with nothing to protect it, the surface of it was all covered in micro-scratches from handling and from sliding around on top of one another when stacked together for shipping from the factory. I suppose the Summer Wars slips will be covered with these micro-scratches by the time the customer receives it, since it will ship fully-exposed now. They really need to use that protective peel-off shipping film that is normally put on the surface of similar-type plastic steelbook protectors to keep them pristine until they arrive in the customer's hands...
                    Last edited by t-Roy; 08-15-2016, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
                      Same here, for this movie I would have gone with green. Orange seems to suit The Boy and the Beast more IMO.

Comment

I'm much less excited about this after the mess that was the first installment of this line, especially since the initial related has the nice embossed slipcover, but hey, I have to get it. Hopefully they do learn from some of their mistakes and take feedback (including the feedback already being given for the design of this one specifically).
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I'm happy with my original and it's neat little embossed slip cover! I'll pass.......

J. A.
                          Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                          Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                          Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                          Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Full sized flat cover art added to the first post.

Comment

Full sized 3D cover art added to the first post.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X