Widgets Magazine

The Eden of Grisaia + The Labyrinth of Grisaia OVA: Complete Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] The Eden of Grisaia + The Labyrinth of Grisaia OVA: Complete Collection

Widgets Magazine

The Eden of Grisaia + The Labyrinth of Grisaia OVA: Complete Collection (DVD) due out on 9/27/16.
    The Eden of Grisaia + The Labyrinth of Grisaia OVA: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) due out on 9/27/16.
    Japanese with English Subtitles

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Last edited by WTK; 07-26-2016, 09:27 PM.

Re: The Eden of Grisaia + The Labyrinth of Grisaia OVA: Complete Collection

I think this makes the best of having to include two logo's
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

The frame makes it look rather claustrophobic, though. If that could go away, great! If not … it’s survivable.
      I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I’ll go for the gross-out. I’m not proud.
      Stephen King

Comment

I think the frame is okay, but do away with the background layer and stretch the frame all the way instead to make it look less cramped.

Comment

Looks pretty good. I agree with Sensuifu, stretching the frame to the edges would probably look better.
          Avatar: Sena Kashiwazaki from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai/Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends
          Currently Watching: Bakemonogatari, Beyond the Boundary
          My anime collection: http://doctordoom85.filmaf.com/owned/anime
          My figure collection: http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Doom85

Comment

Kind of amusing how the BD version completely blocks Kazuki's face with the logo crystals.

Comment

This cover is pretty interesting. I do like the look of the logos, but maybe they are too big if they are blocking a character in the image. I don't mind the border at all, but I do kind of agree about the background image. It just looks a little odd. I assume it's just done this way to have consistency with the back cover. I think the DVD version looks all right, but maybe the Blu-ray version would look better with an expanded image instead. (The suggested stretching of the border.)
              Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
              Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

The character shots are pretty nice, but the framework and stuff makes this look quite cramped. The logos are great, but I felt that they are a bit too big that it feels like it dominates the cover. In any case, the choice of cover art is great, but it could use some tinkering so that it stands out in the right way.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Super Bowl LIV in Miami
                Watching: Ultramarine Magmell, Release the Spyce, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: Too many to list
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

No changes to main cover art (text update). Enlarged flat/3D cover arts with disc arts and back covers added to the first post.

Comment

That's a good decision to keep this artwork, though they need to do something about the adjustment in size for the BD cover as I just don't like that the cropping has Kazuki's face covered up by those crystals in the logo.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Super Bowl LIV in Miami
                    Watching: Ultramarine Magmell, Release the Spyce, Toonami Stuff
                    Simulcasts: Too many to list
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

It was improved though. The image has been extended vertically to be a better crop in both versions so that the logos aren't creating too much of a disturbance. (You can see the border shift if you compare the preliminary image to the production one.) I think it looks better for sure. That third DVD disc art though~. :D
                      Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                      Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

It's times like these where I wish we had DVD-height for everything. This artwork (in this case, key art for The Eden of Grisaia) is not meant to fit on Blu-ray cases. It would fit much better on even a BD-sized digipak. It's improved sure, but they could have made the logos even smaller (that's one of the changes they made).
                        Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X