Widgets Magazine

The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Widgets Magazine

The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) due out on 8/23/16.
    Special Features: Episode 2 Commentary, Episode 13 Commentary, Promotional Video, Commercial Collection #1 , Commercial Collection #2, Textless Opening Song - ''Boku no kotoba dewa nai kore wa bokutachi no kotoba'', Textless Closing Song - ''Lapis Lazuli'', U.S. Trailer, Trailers
    Last edited by WTK; 09-05-2016, 01:13 AM.

Re: The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Really digging this cover. I love how the border mimics the Jpn release. I hope that it's a slipcover with a cutout in the middle that reveals the whole artwork underneath it (like the Fairy Tail releases).
    My Anime List
    Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

I was expecting them to slap a big "FROM THE CREATOR OF FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST" on the front, but I guess that's for the back. Or maybe it will find its way here by the final version. Great artwork, anyway, so I think that speaks for itself.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/asse...84c0fbf69f.png

Comment

That's a nice and simple cover there. The first half is mostly about Arslan (while the whole show is, the party gets more focus later on in the series), so it is quite appropriate to have a shot of those two on the battlefield for the first part. And then the border used is quite nice and fitting for where this story takes place in what is known as Iran and Pakistan today. I was expecting them to mention something about this being from the same person who did Fullmetal Alchemist knowing how amazing Hiromu Arakawa is, but that's probably going on the back. Just about the only disappointment here is that this show is not getting a LE release that it deserves.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
          Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
              I hope that it's a slipcover with a cutout in the middle that reveals the whole artwork underneath it (like the Fairy Tail releases).
              Sadly it's a regular O-card + wrap combo. The Japanese release was very beautiful and also featured gold ink, but sometimes you have to make do with what you're given. Also, "FROM THE CREATOR OF FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST" is yes, on the back.

Comment

Will it feature actual disc art, or will it unfortunately feature the color-coded crap most releases have suffered with for almost four years? I've noticed disc art returns for shows that get an LE (the RE will feature it too because same discs), but this unfortunately did not get an LE.
                Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnAnime View Post
                  Will it feature actual disc art, or will it unfortunately feature the color-coded crap most releases have suffered with for almost four years? I've noticed disc art returns for shows that get an LE (the RE will feature it too because same discs), but this unfortunately did not get an LE.
                  Well, don't count out a LE release just yet. With Funimation releasing a CE of Seraph of the End just a few months after releasing a LE, it's quite possible that it could happen with a subsequent release. But for this show, if it does happen it will likely come when the second season is ready to be released, which means sometime next year. That said, it's a big disappointment that it doesn't have anything beyond the SE release of this considering how amazing the Japanese version looks.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                  Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Regarding the discs, the Japanese discs did not feature character art. The English discs were designed to match the Japanese discs in overall design. The Parsian script from the show will be on the discs too (that was fun to decode lol).

If you want Arslan to get a better release, my only advice is to watch the simulcast when it airs and to buy the anime when it comes out. Admittedly, the Japanese version of Arslan was very nice and I'm 99% sure was designed by the same design team who did the Seraph releases (the configurations and even the layouts of some design elements are so similar, plus it's all NBC Universal). But even comparing those sets, the Japanese release of Seraph is much nicer in terms of quality and quantity from the digipaks to the books to the softboxes. Seraph got an actual foil stamp on their metallic whereas Arslan actually made do with a metallic PMS. That's all nerdy printer speak, but it's very clear even in Japan Arslan isn't a show that will get the stellar treatment. Almost all Japanese anime get nicer sets compared to the US because it's a different market and they're working with different business practices.

Comment

Originally posted by peace-of-hope View Post
                      Originally posted by Chisel View Post
                      I hope that it's a slipcover with a cutout in the middle that reveals the whole artwork underneath it (like the Fairy Tail releases).
                      Sadly it's a regular O-card + wrap combo. The Japanese release was very beautiful and also featured gold ink, but sometimes you have to make do with what you're given. Also, "FROM THE CREATOR OF FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST" is yes, on the back.
                      Hah! Knew it had to be there somewhere.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by peace-of-hope View Post
                        Regarding the discs, the Japanese discs did not feature character art. The English discs were designed to match the Japanese discs in overall design. The Parsian script from the show will be on the discs too (that was fun to decode lol).
                        Will they at least be properly printed like this instead of looking like this? I'm hoping disc art like this (the re-release is so bland by comparison) which was the standard before mid-2012 comes back across the board instead of only on shows that get LE's (shows that get LE's getting it is at least a step back in the right direction). When I compare disc art to a prior release, Japan's, or from other companies (Ex: Sentai (especially them, and here it improved on Japan's), Discotek), it can be just very depressing.
                        http://i.imgur.com/ms8xWnl.jpg
                        https://youtu.be/VyCYcw0B09Y?t=1m4s vs. Volume 1 and Volume 2
                        Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

Full sized 3D cover art also added to the first post.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...
                          X