• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Only Yesterday

Widgets Magazine
    Blu-ray / DVD Combo

DVD

Placeholder cover art

Only Yesterday (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) due out on 7/5/16.
    Only Yesterday (DVD) due out on 7/5/16.
    Last edited by WTK; 05-27-2016, 05:56 PM.

Re: Only Yesterday (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

This works just fine as a cover! It's been used plenty before, but it's still a good image for the cover.

I'm hoping for a summer 2016 release... "The Tale of Princess Kaguya," GKid's latest Studio Ghibli release, had a 4 month break between the limited theater release and the Blu-ray release, although I'm not sure if June is a good estimate at this point. I'd be fine with a July or even August date, though!

Comment

Re: Only Yesterday

Looks fairly simple, but I'm sure that suits the tone of the film. I'm looking forward to this filling the last major gap in my Ghibli collection.
      Summer strawberries Ana & Matsuri || my avatar library
      ~ Currently Watching: Little Witch Academia; Leviathan -the last defense-; Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
      ~ Last Watched: Boogiepop Phantom; Non Non Biyori Vacation; Ultraman; Boogiepop and Others; SSSS.GRIDMAN
      homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

The expected cover, and I'm fine with it. It's great to finally get this. Now we just have to get My Neighbors the Yamadas on Blu-ray.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

It's a simple cover there, but a solid choice even if it was obviously expected.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
          Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
          Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

That works quite nicely.
            "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
            -My Collection
            --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Yes! amped up for this!

Comment

Slightly tweaked BD/DVD cover art (no change to main artwork) added to the first post.

Comment

That silver Ghibli banner really adds class to the cover. I like it.
                  My Anime List
                  Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Back cover:

Comment

^ Added to the first post (along with the DVD version).

Comment

I just love the touch the silver banner adds to this. Very classy way to acknowledge Ghibli for this.
                        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                        Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                        Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

So I noticed something interesting. Usually Amazon will list their Ghibli titles as the standard square stock photo-format. However, Only Yesterday is still only on pre-order, and they have changed it to just a stock photo with the blu ray casing. This usually doesn't happen until they have run through their stock and the slip covers have been discontinued. But... that couldn't be so when they don't even have their shipments in, right?

EDIT: Couldn't find the actual topic when I searched, but I guess this question still works in the cover art topic.

Comment

Damn I hope they have slip covers to match From Up on Poppy Hill not to mention the other Ghibli titles!

J. A.
                            Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                            Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                            Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                            Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

So I picked this up today, and to my surprise, the slip cover actually has that velvety-feel to it. Didn't expect it to be textured!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X