Widgets Magazine

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Widgets Magazine
    Blu-ray / DVD Combo CE

Blu-ray / DVD Combo

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Blu-ray / DVD Combo CE) due out on 6/7/16.
    Includes Digital HD Ultraviolet (subject to expiration and only redeemable in U.S.

Special Features: Premiere Screening Event, Direction File ''a talk with the director'', Behind the Scenes at Premiere Screening Event, Hanako Oku ''Garnet'' Music Video, Theatrical Trailer, Promo Clip

The first release of the Hosoda Collection, a premier line that celebrates Mamoru Hosoda’s films and considers how each one has affected the trajectory of his award-winning career. This Hosoda Collection release includes deluxe packaging with a gorgeous premium clear sleeve, plus an exclusive 52 page book full of behind-the-scenes content about the film, including making-of spotlights, interviews, a message from Director Mamoru Hosoda, and artwork.
    The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) due out on 6/7/16.
    Includes Digital HD Ultraviolet (subject to expiration and only redeemable in U.S.)

Special Features: Feature Commentary, Features with Storyboard, U.S. Trailer, Trailers
    Last edited by WTK; 03-19-2016, 09:20 AM.

Re: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

The Hosoda Collection cover is really ugly and given it's not present on Boy and the Beast sorta makes no sense.
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

The top cover is for the collectors edition and the bottom is the standard edition.

Comment

Well the existence of a CE guarantees I'll be upgrading from my Bandai Blu-ray, but the "Hosoda Collection" branding could use some work, especially if I'll have to be upgrading my other three Hosoda movies to matching releases in the future.
        Last edited by GingaDaiuchuu; 03-17-2016, 09:19 PM.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Tried and true cover art. Though the CE cover looks atrocious compared to the normal one especially since they didn't even bother with continuity with the Boy and the Beast cover which was also solicited for June.
          My Anime List
          Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

This doesn't scream CE to me - it feels lazy and cheap. Is it that difficult to use different artwork on the discs? The same artwork all over the place just screams lazy to me. The O-card is just dull and looks like cheap material - especially compared with the S. Korean LE release which was a sturdy slipcase. Comparing it to the original Bandai CE or S. Korean LE releases is like night and day as this just doesn't seem worthy of a CE label at all.

I'll be passing on this release and sticking with the prior releases.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyG View Post
              This doesn't scream CE to me - it feels lazy and cheap. Is it that difficult to use different artwork on the discs? The same artwork all over the place just screams lazy to me. The O-card is just dull and looks like cheap material - especially compared with the S. Korean LE release which was a sturdy slipcase. Comparing it to the original Bandai CE or S. Korean LE releases is like night and day as this just doesn't seem worthy of a CE label at all.

Uh the disc art hasn't even been revealed yet. The only part of the cover we have seen so far is the (presumed) slipcover/o-card which indeed does kind of blow. It's possible that the artwork on the amray case is different.
              My Anime List
              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post

Uh the disc art hasn't even been revealed yet. The only part of the cover we have seen so far is the (presumed) slipcover/o-card which indeed does kind of blow. It's possible that the artwork on the amray case is different.
                It has been revealed - WTK's first image link is broken. Here is another link for you. It's also available on the FUNimation Blog of the "CE."

Comment

This looks like a bit of a mess to me, and is already inferior to the Bandai DVD LE when excluding the fact thit has a booklet, while the Bandai DVD LE didn't (they had the soundtrack CD though). They need to make the slipcover more appealing, the design for it is a bit bland. As for the disc art, yeah that screams lazy, and doesn't look very good. I can like when the disc art is the same as the cover, there's plenty of releases like that (here and in Japan), particularly with singles. However, using the same image as the cover three times? What are you thinking FUNi?
                  Last edited by BigOnAnime; 03-18-2016, 07:15 AM.
                  Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnAnime View Post
                    This looks like a bit of a mess to me, and is already inferior to the Bandai DVD LE when excluding the fact thit has a booklet, while the Bandai DVD LE didn't (they had the soundtrack CD though). They need to make the slipcover more appealing, the design for it is a bit bland. As for the disc art, yeah that screams lazy, and doesn't look very good. I can like when the disc art is the same as the cover, there's plenty of releases like that (here and in Japan), particularly with singles. However, using the same image as the cover three times? What are you thinking FUNi?
                    What bugs me about stuff like the repeated disc art is not only is it lazy but it shows a distinct lack of passion on the side of the graphic designer and anyone who approved the design as it is. It goes from a passion project to looking like something cold and calculated ya know?

When you think how companies like Criterion, Arrow Video and Shout Factory get new art commissioned for their releases and compare it to what Funimation are offering here (admittedly new art is probably not possible, but different art is) then it shows Funimation's graphic department in a poor light.

We've been lied to with these Funimation mock up shots before (Black Lagoon the big example) so maybe we can hope that this is the case here and real disc art will be included come it's actual release.
                    Last edited by BlaizeV; 03-18-2016, 07:44 AM.
                    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Apparently the covers/packaging shot didn't show up for everyone. I have re-hosted the images instead of direct hotlinking from Funimation.

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post

It has been revealed - WTK's first image link is broken. Here is another link for you. It's also available on the FUNimation Blog of the "CE."
                        Oh wow. Yea definitely have to agree about the reused artwork here. This is ridiculous.
                        My Anime List
                        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

I'm gonna be the Devil's Advocate and say that I personally like this cover art. It's very classy and simplistic, like the Studio Ghibli collection covers from Japan. And while this doesn't scream collector's edition, it almost tempts me to double dip on this just for the booklet.
                          I'M THE GREATEST ONE-SHOT VILLAIN THAT NEVER LIVED!!!
                          Avatar: Zanald Beihart from "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE"

Comment

I like it better knowing that it's a see through slip cover. :D

Comment

That looks great, especially with the slipcover and book. Funimation sure did make this an appealing.
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                              Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                              Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X