• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] ThunderCats (2011): Season 1, Book 1

Widgets Magazine

ThunderCats (2011): Season 1, Book 1 due out on 10/18/11. | Trailer
    via TVShowsOnDVD.com
    Thundercats - 2-DVD Set Scheduled for 'Season 1, Book 1' of the New 2011 Series

An 8-episode collection of the Cartoon-Network-aired show will be available in October

Warner Home Video has announced that the new 2011 series is coming home with Thundercats - Season 1, Book 1 on October 18th. The 2-disc package will cost $19.97 SRP and contain the first 8 episodes: "Omens, Part One", "Omens, Part Two", "Ramlak Rising", "Song of the Petalars", "Old Friends", "Journey to the Tower of Omens", "Legacy" and "The Duelist and the Drifter". Voice cast includes Will Friedle (Kim Possible's "Ron Stoppable") as Lion-O, Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage), Madeleine Hall, Matthew Mercer, Eamon Pirruccello, and Clancy Brown (Lost, Starship Troopers, Carnivàle, Green Lantern, Jackie Chan Adventures, SpongeBob SquarePants' "Mr. Crabs", and "Lex Luthor" in Superman: The Animated Series and Justice League/Justice League Unlimited)...
    Last edited by WTK; 09-16-2011, 08:45 PM.

Re: ThunderCats (2011): Season 1, Book 1

Oh, lovely. I wasn't expecting original art. That's just gorgeous.
    ♫...I can see the sunlight, looking into your eyes; You're riding next to me, and we both become one...♫

Comment

Pretty good artwork this cover has.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Asirpa, Golden Kamuy
      Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Golden Wind
      Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Well, this is a good cover. Not my kind of series thought.

Comment

It's actually a really good cover. I'll probably end up grabbing this at some point.

Comment

Need I say it? Not enough Cheetara! Hey, I've got my own priorities.

Such as wishing this were of greater general significance, so that someday we might get Emmanuelle Chriqui cosplaying as Cheetara at a con somewhere. If it happened, I would die of lust and happiness.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Awesome can't wait to pick it up!

Comment

Flat and more clear cover art added to the first post.

Comment

It's really nice but I think I'm going to hold out for a complete season box set, hopefully on blu-ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafy View Post
                    It's really nice but I think I'm going to hold out for a complete season box set, hopefully on blu-ray.
                    See, my concern would be that Warner won't put more out unless this sells well. My personal observations through the years have been that Warner Brothers, like all of the major U.S.A. studios, tends to be very cautious with their TV home media releases.

For example, they didn't begin releasing season sets of Babylon 5 at first - They released the double-feature "In the Beginning" and "The Gathering" DVD. Once the DVD sales were enough to meet their marketing/accounting department's demands, they released actual season sets.

In that situation, I bought that original DVD to show WB that I wanted MORE and not that I was holding out for something better. WB isn't like normal Region 1/North American Region A anime licensors - They expect a certain amount of profit and if they do not reach it they will simply not sell more of the same product. The economy may suck now, but Hollywood studios haven't changed the way they operate just because we "little people" have been tightening the purse strings.

With FUNimation, I can get away with saying "I'm not buying this show if it's not in HD" because deep-down we both know they eventually will in most cases. With WB, they'll simply say, "Meh... Ok. Here's some more <insert asinine show name here> on DVD-only with no extras."

My personal opinion is that if you want to see more of this incarnation of "Thundercats" on Home Media, you should buy this "feeler" DVD set unless something is/has been mentioned stating that they are going to release something more complete. I plan to buy the ****INCREDIBLY CRAPPY**** "Adventure Time with Finn and Jake" set that is being released next month because I want Blu-ray season sets of said show. Hell, I might buy 2 and give 1 to my former roommate whom I used to watch the show with. Why? Because I want to make sure that WB knows I want more - MUCH more.

Of course, this is assuming you have the disposable income. If you are having a tough time between choosing this or food, I would smack you upside the head and tell you to buy some food if we were in-person...

Comment

Alt shot of flat cover art (with portions of disc arts shown) added to the first post...

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X