Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] The Pilot's Love Song: Complete Series Premium Edition

Widgets Magazine

The Pilot's Love Song: Complete Series Premium Edition (Blu-ray) due out on 9/22/15.
    Contains episodes 1-13 plus a full color 64-page hardcover art book with character commentary, episode commentary, timeline of events, glossary of show terminology, plane commentary, and interviews with the director and the original author.

Special Features: Clean Openings and Endings, Extended Episode Previews.
    Last edited by WTK; 07-08-2015, 12:20 AM.

Re: The Pilot's Love Song: : Complete Series Premium Edition

Is that wrap around artwork for the Box? YES! I emailed NISA asking them to if they could do wrap around artboxes, though i wish it had disc art (don't know if there was any in the JP release)... Gotta check this series out. Anyone know if it's good or not?
    Last edited by RTSBPhoenix; 07-03-2015, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Re: The Pilot's Love Song: Complete Series Premium Edition

This main artwork:

Japanese release packaging:

Comment

Wow this is practically the exact same as the JPN release. Another great set by NISA.

Originally posted by RTSBPhoenix View Post
        Is that wrap around artwork for the Box? YES! I emailed NISA asking them to if they could do wrap around artboxes, though i wish it had disc art (don't know if there was any in the JP release)... Gotta check this series out. Anyone know if it's good or not?
        The show itself is ok. Nothing really amazing, thought it was slightly above average and iit was at least interesting enough to hook me till the end. The anime does end at a suitable stopping point but the story is unresolved for the most part. One of my big gripes was with the subpar animation. It would have been much more engaging with a better budget/studio.
        Last edited by Chisel; 07-04-2015, 12:13 AM.
        My Anime List
        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

That's a pretty cute box! Just wish the show was better...

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
            Wow this is practically the exact same as the JPN release. Another great set by NISA.

The show itself is ok. Nothing really amazing, thought it was slightly above average and iit was at least interesting enough to hook me till the end. The anime does end at a suitable stopping point but the story is unresolved for the most part. One of my big gripes was with the subpar animation. It would have been much more engaging with a better budget/studio.
            Would you say this show is good enough for you to buy a physical copy (PE or not etc).

Comment

Would you say this show is good enough for you to buy a physical copy (PE or not etc).

I personally don't think it's shelf worthy. You can always stream a few episodes to try it out first. The whole series is on Crunchyroll.
              My Anime List
              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

The show wasn't a masterpiece and there were some inconsistencies with the art, but I still enjoyed it. Not as good as the movie, but still a definite purchase for me.

Comment

While the set certainly does look very nice (almost an exact clone of the JP release), I was hoping they would release the series with one of their original long boxes so that it would match the movie.
                  "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post

In my case, yes it is, but I'm a huge Princess and the Pilot fan so that certainly plays a role in this. It's definitely not a bad show overall, it has some cringy moments but the plot has a few interesting curveballs. Any fan of TP&TP should get this, I'll just leave it at that.
                    Last edited by fireaxe; 07-05-2015, 10:11 AM.
                    Avatar: Azaka KOKUTOU from The Garden of Sinners - Kara no Kyoukai

Comment

Very nice package this is. NIS America delivers once again.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                      Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                      Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I wish NIS America would have used the longer artbox so it would be consistent with The Princess and the Pilot. Oh well, it looks great and I'll definitely be getting this.

Comment

I would have liked a long box so it matched the movie but I can get behind the wrap around artbox so all is good :D
                          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Long Boxes need to return. Been talking to them about it.

Comment

Originally posted by formerroadie View Post
                              Long Boxes need to return. Been talking to them about it.
                              I'm not particularly fond of the long boxes (granted, they provide a larger artbook to be packed in)... but the fact that Princess and the Pilot, and this series, will be in two differently-sized releases is a tad annoying...
                              Online profiles: ANN DVDAf eBay

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X