X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Super Dimension Century Orguss (TV): Complete Collection

Widgets Magazine

---WTK edit---

Work in progress cover. Could be released end of August 2015.

Last edited by WTK; 06-07-2021, 11:18 PM.

Re: Super Dimension Century Orguss(TV)

I know nothing about this show, but wow that looks amazing. Really digging the water color look and the simplistic background which complements it.
    My Anime List
    Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Certainly better looking than the mostly neon announcement image. Very nice.
      My Anime List
      YouTube <- I do collection Videos
      Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Why does this looked sun bleached though like the old release did also? Is it to make it more inline with the blue boarder? I'd much prefer an image that didn't look washed out like this

The original Artwork for this is much more colorful and vibrant
        Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

I like it; it looks great. Wish we were seeing it on BD, but Discotek isn't really doing that for TV series yet anyway, and the picture quality will presumably be better (because they're hopefully using downscaled BD masters).

Comment

The art looked familiar, so I went digging for my old ImaginAsian recordable-DVD set and confirmed it used the same piece of art on its cover. However, that old cover looked that much bluer (and blurrier, and with a somehow slightly perfunctory title design) than the complaints here have it, so I'm personally that much more willing now to consider getting this presumably more durable set.

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
              Why does this looked sun bleached though like the old release did also? Is it to make it more inline with the blue boarder? I'd much prefer an image that didn't look washed out like this

Uh, you realize the image you linked is actually blown out and overexposed, right? It's not supposed to look like that.

This is unfortunately the only bit of art available to us for this release, though I tracked down a non-overexposed version of the artwork (they originally sent what was on the Imaginasian release, which was super blurry) and spent a bunch of time cleaning it up.

Comment

You can see in the original, non-overexposed version, everyone is kind of pale and the paper has yellowed.

I actually did minimal color adjustment on it. Fixing the yellow skin tone as much as possible. Also, for whatever reason, the version he posted is kind of glitchy and desaturated (dunno why.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ashura View Post
                  Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post

Uh, you realize the image you linked is actually blown out and overexposed, right? It's not supposed to look like that.
                  It's a scan of the LP cover from Japan and is mostly representative of what that looks like in person at least. It's also the same image from the CD cover and again matches it color wise.

You're the one getting the images from Japan itself so I can't exactly refute, I was just sourcing from the only place that I personally know that image has been used in Japan and it doesn't match up with the Discotek cover. I've only ever seen the blue tinted version on the Imaginasian release.

EDIT: Having seen your second post I understand now what you meant. What threw me off is that the over exposed image does match up better to the colors of the characters and their clothing in the show. Mome has green hair, Mimsy's suit is a combination of green , red and white. But contrary to that Jabby (the dragon like creature) is brown and not green or blue so...
                  Last edited by BlaizeV; 06-02-2015, 08:04 PM.
                  Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Re: Super Dimension Century Orguss (TV): Complete Collection

Who drew this cover by the way? I love it.

Comment

Haruhiko Mikimoto was the character designer for Orguss; this cover image definitely looks like his work to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Palmer View Post
                        Haruhiko Mikimoto was the character designer for Orguss; this cover image definitely looks like his work to me.
                        makes the most sense, thanks!

Comment

That looks very nice, and certainly it captures the essence of this show given its age and everything.
                          Avatar: Mahiru Shiina, The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten
                          Watching: Dai-Guard, Black Summoner, Vermeil in Gold, Rumble Garanndoll
                          Simulcasts: MSG, TYE, BLE, GKY, CSM, EOC, ESW, MOB, DIY, AMW, UYA, ARK, MHA, ALB, UZC, SXF, KKR, BTR, UWM, BLK
                          A dedicated anime fan fan since 1997.

Comment

H/T Ashura

My Anime List
                            YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                            Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

^ https://twitter.com/ashuraou/status/622146974016339968

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X