Widgets Magazine

Appleseed (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Sentai Selects)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Appleseed (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Sentai Selects)

Widgets Magazine
    Updated cover art

Preliminary cover art

Appleseed (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Sentai Selects) due out on 9/8/15.
    Special Features: Commentary with Shinji Aramaki (Director) & Fumihiko Sori (Producer); Alternate English Dub (5.1); The Birth of 3D Live Anime (45 min); Original Japanese Trailer; Special Japanese Trailer; Staff Profiles
    Last edited by WTK; 08-12-2015, 07:44 PM.

Re: Appleseed (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Sentai Selects)

Looks fine other than do they really need to have "reversable cover" stated on the the physcial cover? If they want to let people know they should put some kind of sticker on the front like they did with Soni-Ani.
    "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Not bad. Pretty standard, but I'm one of the 3 people that doesn't already own this movie so I'll probably be picking this up. If they're re-authoring the discs, this will actually be the DVD debut of Sentai's 2011 redub of this film, since their original DVD only had the old 2004 Animaze dub.
      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

This release feels like it deserves a shiny slipcover to go along with it.
        My Anime List
        YouTube <- I do collection Videos
        Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

If this doesn't have a slipcover I'm gonna be surprised and disappointed.

Comment

Could that Sentai Selects logo be any blander?

Comment

So is this Sentai Selects line going to be Sentai's SAVE equivalent? A cheaper line of older titles?

With that reversible cover bit I'm kinda getting that vibe?

J. A.
              Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
              Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
              Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
              Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Well, it works as a cover art. But until I know what Sentai plans to do with their Selects line, that's as much as I can say.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
                Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
                Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Also a grey Sentai Selects banner is a lot better than a neon green SAVE banner.

It might vary depending on the cover though. This cover has a lot of grey, so it makes sense for the banner to be grey. It might have different colors on other covers to match their designs. I wish FUNi's SAVE line was more like this. I also wish it was just a banner at the top like this instead of something that takes up the whole cover.
                  Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
                    Looks fine other than do they really need to have "reversable cover" stated on the the physcial cover? If they want to let people know they should put some kind of sticker on the front like they did with Soni-Ani.
                    I don't think it is so bad, small text and fairly unnoticeable. And it makes it clear it is reversible for those that hate banners (or small text saying reversible cover :D). The problem with a sticker is that it adds expense to production. So between a tiny bit of printed text, or not having any indication that it can be reversed at all, I would go with this.

Comment

Not as nice as Funimation's Classics line but definitely better than their SAVE line. The "reversible cover" text is unseemly and ruins it though. Would be much better without it.
                      My Anime List
                      Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Or they could list the reversible cover info as one of the extra's on the reverse side?

J. A.
                        Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                        Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                        Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                        Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Cover art updated. Enlarged flat/3D cover art with disc arts and back cover added to the first post.

Comment

They actually kept the 'Reversible Cover' bit on the front? At least the spine does a better job than the Anime Classics and S.A.V.E. sets.
                            My Anime List - Hummingbird List - Twitter - My Blog

Comment

If this is the future of Sentai's own SAVE/Classic line then I can only say THANK YOU SENTAI! Seriously something that is cheap but doesn't look like crap. It has the logo on the spine which is great and how it should be, See Funimation, It's not hard!
                              Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X