• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sailor Moon R: Season 2, Part 1

Widgets Magazine
    Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE

Blu-ray / DVD Combo

DVD

Sailor Moon R: Season 2, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) due out on 07/14/15.
    via TRSI - While supplies last, customers who order this item will also receive an exclusive 1.5" goldtone coin featuring Sailor Moon's second transformation brooch and transformation phrase! This premium coin is exclusive to RightStuf.com customers only!

Contains episodes 47-68 plus a 96-page full-color booklet, all housed in a shimmery chipboard artbox!

Special Features: AX Cast Interviews, Dub Recording Behind-the-Scenes, Art Gallery, Opening and Ending Songs, Trailers.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.
    Sailor Moon R: Season 2, Part 1 (DVD) due out on 07/14/15.
    Contains episodes 47-68.

Special Features: Trailers.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.
    Last edited by WTK; 04-10-2015, 09:03 PM.
    "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Re: Sailor Moon R: Season 2, Part 1

I like it, but would've preferred they went with the Senshi line, like some of us thought this might be Mercury on the chipboard.

Comment

A bit disappointed they didn't go with one Guardian per box (didn't they say they were?), but this doesn't look bad, if a bit plain. Cool to see the Part 1 Blu-ray box with a different image.
      Last edited by PurpleWarrior13; 04-03-2015, 12:31 PM.
      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
        A bit disappointed they didn't go with one Guardian per box (didn't they say they were?), but this doesn't look bad, if a bit plain. Cool to see the Part 1 Blu-ray box with a different image.
        I swear that I remember them saying one Guardian per box last year. I'm not really feeling the chipboard art or the case art, but I didn't like the S1P1 art either so maybe it is just me. I don't like the plain old designs.

They usually do look good in person though.

Comment

At the very least, I thought they would change the color of the box to a different guardian. The pink will get old fast.

Comment

This release continues to fail to live upto expectations. Seriously how do they miss the opportunity to do each box for each guardian?
            Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
              This release continues to fail to live upto expectations. Seriously how do they miss the opportunity to do each box for each guardian?
              Only Viz...

Comment

Higher resolution cover art / packaging shot edited to the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                  Ha, I think we edited it at the same time, WTK...
                  "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

This actually looks more like a peach/tan color than a pink. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.
                    Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
                      Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
                      Only Viz...
                      Well, we don't know that it was necessarily VIZ that made the change. Perhaps they came up with a Mercury design, but someone in Japan didn't approve it.

Regardless, I don't think this looks bad at all (box color looks to be reddish rather than pink to me). I'm guessing the plan now is to show Sailor Moon in her series-specific costume?
                      What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
                        Well, we don't know that it was necessarily VIZ that made the change. Perhaps they came up with a Mercury design, but someone in Japan didn't approve it.
                        That's what I'm thinking, too. Anyway, while it's not fantastic, the cover is more than serviceable.

Comment

Originally posted by Anime_Otaku35 View Post
                          Originally posted by WTK View Post
                          Ha, I think we edited it at the same time, WTK...
                          That's interesting to know. I thought it would done it already, so I pulled the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                            This actually looks more like a peach/tan color than a pink. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.
                            Yeah, seeing the sets together shows that this is definitely a different shade:

Comment

As mentioned elsewhere, it seems that they're doing the same thing that Kaze Germany did with each of their sets which is a bit disappointing but as long as they continue with the group shots for their Part 2 sets, that would be fine with me (they would definitely be better than what Kaze has been using for most of their sets).

A shame that they haven't using the Italian box covers but that's okay because those same images are included in the booklet, disc galleries & even some of the inside art (Season 1 part 2 = Dynit's 2nd box set) so they aren't being completely wasted.
                              Last edited by NJ_; 04-05-2015, 03:28 PM.
                              Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X