Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] The World God Only Knows - Goddesses: Complete Collection

Widgets Magazine

The World God Only Knows ~ Goddesses: Complete Collection (DVD) due out on 3/10/15.
    The World God Only Knows ~ Goddesses: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) due out on 3/10/15.
    Special Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Last edited by WTK; 01-06-2015, 08:56 PM.

Re: The World God Only Knows - Goddesses: Complete Collection

That looks... pretty damn great. Perhaps some parts could be better, but I think I'll be pretty pleased with the way this release looks. Evidently no OVAs, though that's not terribly shocking.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Hopefully sometime down the road the OVAs can be picked up. The cover looks cute. I can't wait to own this, finally!

Comment

Kanon and Elsie? I'd have gone with Tenri and Kanon.
        Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
        Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jun Kuga View Post
          Kanon and Elsie? I'd have gone with Tenri and Kanon.
          More appropriate might be Tenri and Chihiro in many ways. Kanon

Spoiler ->after all is MIA for much of the season

But I'm just happy this is coming. It could just be a plain logo on a blank background and I'd be buying this.
          Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
          Scratchy for Tama is angry.
          I'm a little tired now...I want soda.
          Casual

Comment

That's a great cover there of Elsie and Kanon, but I'm not so sure that would be appropriate for this season. That said, it fits in with the other two seasons.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
            Watching: Galaxy Angel, Rayearth, Arte, City Hunter
            Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y, KHO, DBG, HIG-G, JJK, MTP, TKW, A3A, ASH, ADV, TSZ, K3B, MWZ, SLP, JEL, SDF, GBF-G, RRQ, DCF, 1RM-3
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

It sure does remind me of that one Anthy / Utena image.

Comment

I think it's very weird and off-putting that the secondary text elements (the "Goddesses" text and graphics, and the episode + season + disc text) are centered not to the series logo (and, in turn, the cover panel), but instead are centered in the space between the left edge of the panel and the Sentai company logo. Worse, is that the Goddesses portion is actually centered over the "Season Three" element, which is itself not centered to anything because the text on the left of it is longer than the text on the right.

I assume that will be fixed or changed for the final version, because it doesn't make any sense to leave it as it is. Neither version of either of the covers for the first two seasons were done that way (the entire secondary text line was centered on the cover panel, while disregarding the fact that the "Season" element was itself not centered, and the result is both fine and more correct), and it's not as if the additional elements here (the "Goddesses" text and graphics) have somehow drastically changed anything.

The fact that the two versions here are inconsistent (different spacing between the "Goddesses" text and the "Season Three" element) also suggests a different, final version. The fact that the new "Goddesses" element, specifically the wings, overlaps the primary logo, concerns me though, if it's a newly-created complete logo element instead of just layering.
                asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

This looks pretty good, and should go well with the first two seasons. I just wish we'd see the OVAs get a release over here.

Comment

Gotta get this!

Comment

No changes to cover art. Enlarged flat/3D cover arts with disc arts and back covers added to the first post.

Comment

No complaints that they kept the preliminary art work. One thing that bugs me on Sentai releases is there's almost always a piece of disc art in the DVD set that gets left out on the Blu-ray version that I really like, in this case the Shiori and Yui art. I know nothing can be done given the differences in the formats, but its still annoying.

Comment

I am not exactly complaining about the decision to keep the artwork as it's nice, but I would have rather used one that features characters that are more relevant to the season.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
                          Watching: Galaxy Angel, Rayearth, Arte, City Hunter
                          Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y, KHO, DBG, HIG-G, JJK, MTP, TKW, A3A, ASH, ADV, TSZ, K3B, MWZ, SLP, JEL, SDF, GBF-G, RRQ, DCF, 1RM-3
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Not that I dislike this picture, i just wish they had used a cover art with some of the girls like tenri and kanon in their goddess form.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X