Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Santa Company

Widgets Magazine
    From the latest update on Kickstarter, an early glimpse of the packaging for Santa Company.

Re: Santa Company

Looks nice although (not sure people will agree on this) I feel given this came to existence thanks to KS that it should have some sort of representation of English on the front cover maybe?
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Well the slipcase does, you can make out "Santa Company" on the top part of the circle, no idea what the bottom part says. But yeah the main cover art seems to just have Japanese.

Comment

Looking food so far IMO. Can't wait for December, though if I get it before X'mas, I will likley watch on X'mas day.:D

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyG View Post
          From the latest update on Kickstarter, an early glimpse of the packaging for Santa Company.

Looks like there is a new project about Santa company. What's the deal with the Complete Guide thing?

Comment

^ There's a new kickstarter up for those who missed it. I posted one of my backer emails in the Santa Company Thread in the "US Blu-ray, DVD and Simulcast Industry News" Section that should help explain things a little: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...l=1#post268863

I really like the mock-up image, so if that cover sticks, I would be happy with it.

Comment

That's a nice-looking package that is.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
              Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
              Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Blu-ray/DVD cover:

Back cover:

Slipcover:

Picture book (in Japanese):

Discs:

Reverse cover:
                Last edited by Library-chan; 01-05-2015, 06:56 PM.
                Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Yeah I was quite disappointed from this one. Simply from the perspective that it was an ENGLISH audience that funded the project. While I understand not having a dub, not doing the packaging in English is terrible. As can be seen in Library-chans shots there is very little on this in English at all, and the majority of the included booklet is left untranslated. There is apparently a digital version of the booklet in English, but that is hardly a plus. Basically they have used the money to directly make a product for Japanese consumers, I see no respect here given to the people who funded it.

Comment

^ The booklet's English version has typos and some of the wording is a little...off in some places.

I agree this could've been done better. Wasn't this the one that failed a Japanese-like kickstarter? (I may be thinking of something else).

Comment

That was such a messy job they did here. They could have done much better to give those supporters something worth their pledges.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
                      Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                      Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X