Widgets Magazine

Princess Mononoke (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Princess Mononoke (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Widgets Magazine

Princess Mononoke (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) due out on 11/18/14.
    Last edited by WTK; 08-16-2014, 07:10 AM.

Re: Princess Mononoke (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Well, at least that stupid "Star Wars" quote is gone, but they still had to put a review quote on the cover, huh... at least it's just one word.

Comment

I don't know if that piece of art will ever not look weird to me, with Ashitaka facing off against Random Sword-Wielding Hand Coming Out Of Nowhere. And, if you, at a glance, miss or ignore the fact that it's another right hand, it may as well be Ashitaka strangely attacking himself by reaching around the cover.
      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
      Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
      Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I wish they could use a different piece of artwork for the cover. I don't like this one very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
          I don't know if that piece of art will ever not look weird to me, with Ashitaka facing off against Random Sword-Wielding Hand Coming Out Of Nowhere. And, if you, at a glance, miss or ignore the fact that it's another right hand, it may as well be Ashitaka strangely attacking himself by reaching around the cover.
          You know I never realized that until you pointed it out!

Ah well, I still like Disney's Blu-ray covers. And the important thing is it will perfectly match with all of my other Disney Combo packs. Soon I'll be able to replace my old Alliance DVD which looks a lot uglier even though it's essentially the same picture.

J. A.
          Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
          Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
          Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
          Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Originally posted by Otakufan View Post
            Once you see it, you can't unsee it!
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Argh........ Quite making me look at it!

J. A.
              Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon

Comment

Didn't you know? He was sparring with the Portal gun.

Comment

I think I prefer the other standard cover of Mononoke and the wolf, but this interpretation of the current cover art was thoroughly entertaining. :D I appreciate the laughs provided. Now we just need a quote that instead says something more like, "The battle for nature begins with ourselves."
                  Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                  Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

never really did like the coverart either...but what's even stranger to me is how the other hand is striking Ashitaka. It's that some lame way of backhanding a sword swing?

Comment

Oh wow, that was never the best cover art, but now that I actually look at it with what you guys have pointed out, it's even more unfortunate. But whatever, there was a time that I wasn't sure if we'd see this on Blu-ray because of the uncertainty of the license, so getting it with Disney's slipcover alongside the rest, even if not ideal in every way, will still be very nice. And the minor embossing always helps over just seeing a flat image.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

In the words of Norm Abrams, you're an evil man!
                        Online profiles: ANN DVDAf eBay

Comment

Clean flat (and also 3D version) cover art added to the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                            ........ And the minor embossing always helps over just seeing a flat image.
                            Yah, I really like the embossing that Disney does on all their slip covers. Only their lenticular 3D's and some of Future Shop's exclusive steel books are better. It's also why I make sure that I pick up the Disney releases as soon as they come out so I can be sure of getting a slip cover. Otherwise you might be out of luck. I had to pay over double the cost for the 3D over the regular edition of the Meet the Robinson's because I waited too long to get it with a slip cover. (I just hate it when one BD doesn't match with all it's cousins because of a lack of a cover!)

J. A.

Comment

::facepalm:: They really should have gone with the one with San surrounded by wolves, like on the UK DVD release.

Now, the UK and Australian Blu-rays do seem to be using the one with blood-faced San standing next to a single wolf. If the blood bothered Disney that much, there's a bloodless alternative that exists (as seen in Germany).

-edited for clarity.
                              Last edited by kyon; 08-16-2014, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X