Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Nisekoi - False Love, Vol.1

Widgets Magazine

Nisekoi - False Love, Vol.1 (Blu-ray) due out on 11/25/14.
    Contains episodes 1-5, plus collectible ending card pinups and a deluxe poster, all housed in a box designed by Character Designer & Chief Animation Director Nobuhiro Sugiyama!

Special Features: Textless Opening, Textless Endings.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles.
    Last edited by WTK; 08-08-2014, 05:04 PM.

Re: Nisekoi - False Love, Vol.1

I like this cover, very pretty.

Comment

Chipboard artbox? Oh my..

UPDATE - No wait, Rightstuf got it wrong, not surprised.

Anywho, I'll get this day one if the UK currency rate isn't that bad (around £40 at the moment for this title).
      My Anime List - Hummingbird List - Twitter - My Blog

Comment

This looks gorgeous! Man, they are so tempting me…
        "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Would have preferred 2 sets like how they are handling Valvrave. Still a day 1 purchase for me!

Comment

This cover art looks really nice and Shafty with its bright color scheme. But it's another Aniplex release with a release pattern that I just don't like, so I'm not getting it.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
            Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Galaxy Angel, Inou Battle
            Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I would've thought Nisekoi was popular enough to warrant a dub. That said, I really like the image they've used for the slipcover and case.

I wish Aniplex would go back to using chipboard boxes for their sets, though.
              MAL Profile

Comment

Originally posted by bobawesome View Post
                Even if they were to start increasing their use of chipboard artboxes, I seriously doubt we'd ever see them used for multi-volume series releases like this. Ideally, though, more things would be released in cour sets with chipboard artboxes, since that's a bit more reasonable. I'd also be perfectly fine with the adoption of yet another Japanese retailer concept in conjunction with Animate USA, with the offer of an exclusive series artbox if you buy all volumes from them.

Anyway, I just sent AoA another email a few days ago. People really, really need to be emailing them as well. Or posting on Facebook. Or leaping on top of EJ at conventions. If they're not told any different, they'll never think about changing anything.
                asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

What they could do is offer an artbox version with the last volume. It could either be included as the definitive last volume, or as a seperate edition. In either case it would not only benefit us collectors, but also Aniplex as sales tend to fade with each new volume that gets released, and having an artbox as a bonus with the last volume could combat some of those drop-offs.

And i'm 100% positive that including an artbox as a bonus, even with the added production costs, would make Aniplex more money as they would more than recoup the costs from the additional copies that gets sold. Though, i'd still get it even if the artbox version costed a bit more (´∀`)...

Comment

I enjoy this show a good amount but not $200 worth, especially with no dub at that price. Chitoge is also my favorite girl in the series and looks stunning here. The end cards are cool and look to be what's on these postcards, like Oreimo. The whole set is aesthetically pleasing, just not in my price range for the value given. It looks like I'll be sticking with the crunchyroll stream for rewatches.
                    My Anime List - My Collection
                    Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
                    Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
                    Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

Originally posted by DesuDayo View Post
                      What they could do is offer an artbox version with the last volume. It could either be included as the definitive last volume, or as a seperate edition. In either case it would not only benefit us collectors, but also Aniplex as sales tend to fade with each new volume that gets released, and having an artbox as a bonus with the last volume could combat some of those drop-offs.

And i'm 100% positive that including an artbox as a bonus, even with the added production costs, would make Aniplex more money as they would more than recoup the costs from the additional copies that gets sold. Though, i'd still get it even if the artbox version costed a bit more (´∀`)...
                      The last volume plus artbox idea is what I was getting at with the Animate USA exclusive comment I made in my previous post. Now, it's slightly different in that you're talking about just straight-up including one with all copies of an LE final volume, which is fine, but I feel like AoA would be more inclined to go with a buy-all-volumes retailer exclusive since it allows for more control, or rather, less potential for overproduction of units of a release that take up a lot of space and may go unsold. Making an artbox a buy-all-volumes retailer exclusive is also a more conservative way of driving sales, which AoA seems very much into insofar as their business strategy of charging more per release while relying on a smaller but more dedicated group of customers.

The likely challenge, though, would be to get Animate USA to pony up a bit for the actual cost of producing the artboxes, and then be willing to accept the risk of selling them and either reducing or totally eliminating the discount to cover that cost (which has happened with some previous Animate USA exclusives), since these things cost more than zero. But again, it's not entirely a new scenario.

I know the idea of "forcing" customers to buy from a particular retailer, and one that doesn't offer a free shipping option like, say, TRSI, might rub some the wrong way. But I don't think it's unreasonable. Besides, at this point AoA has partnered with Animate USA for enough releases that they must have some decent idea of how many people are actually perfectly willing to shop via Animate USA and pay a little bit more for extra stuff. I suppose the real test, not that we'd ever know the numbers, is to see how many people actually end up buying all five volumes of Kill la Kill from Animate USA to get those buy-all-volumes retailer exclusives. Or, since there's plenty of time left, to go ahead and see if adding a series artbox to that offer is possible.
                      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                      Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                      Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Indeed, going with a retail exclusive deal like this would fit Aniplex USA quite well, and I sure don't dislike the idea. But if they want to sell as many copies as possible while having a small margin of leftover stock they should go with rightstuf because of their size, and their loyal customer base. With Animate USA they'd have to think very carefully how many copies they could produce, while with Rightstuf they'd have more freedom to produce more stock simply because of the size difference in customers. Buying habits & the allure of the lowest prices is also hard to beat. And free shipping.

Edit: But in the end I just wish they'd somehow offer a pretty art box for their singles releases (`・ω・´)”
                        Last edited by DesuDayo; 08-09-2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

The series was a little "meh" for me, but I did enjoy SHAFT's work and this set looks great. But didn't they "redo" the backgrounds for home video? :/
                          @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

Very pretty cover, and it's a SHAFT show, so I'm definitely buying it.

I really hate Aniplex's recent release styles, though; I'm basically only getting top rank AAA grade titles from them at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by bobawesome View Post
                              I would've thought Nisekoi was popular enough to warrant a dub. That said, I really like the image they've used for the slipcover and case.

Well, popularity and marketability are two completely different things, and decisions based on dub is based on marketability. But again, nothing Aniplex does makes sense, anyway. They charge sky high prices, and they can't even give us the chipboard box that others are giving us.
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
                              Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Galaxy Angel, Inou Battle
                              Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X