• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Kite Collection

Widgets Magazine
    Updated cover art

Preliminary cover art

Kite Collection (Blu-ray) due out on 10/8/15 (was 8/11/15).

Updated cover art

Preliminary cover art

Kite Collection (DVD) due out on 11/25/14.
    Last edited by WTK; 09-24-2015, 04:43 PM.

Re: Kite Collection

I may pick this up, though still on the fence. The artwork used doesn't really give me much of an impression this show is about.

Comment

Originally posted by ibby View Post
      I may pick this up, though still on the fence. The artwork used doesn't really give me much of an impression this show is about.
      Two polar opposites; the one on the right is good, the one on the left is god-awful.
      "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
      -My Collection
      --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Not creating a separate for this, Blu-ray version cover art added to top of first post.

Comment

I was wondering if I should of gotten the seperate Blu-Ray sets for the films about a month ago, is this a new set with both of the films on Blu-Ray? Thank you.

Comment

Wow, was "THE INSPIRATION FOR THE LIVE ACTION MOVIE!" really needed? How many people will see that tagline and think, "Oh, sweet!" and pick it up on that alone? I could understand their reasoning if the adaptation wasn't a putrid pile of dogshit, but it is.
            MAL Profile

Comment

At least the BD looks a bit better than the DVD cover art, but that text saying that it's the inspiration behind the live action movie, that's not something I want to see on this.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
              Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
              Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I don't mind the blurb too much. They're trying to find some selling point, and I guess they're trying to say that these films were good enough to be adapted into a live action Hollywood film (even if said film wasn't the best).

I'm just curious, will this have the fully uncensored version of the original film?
                Last edited by PurpleWarrior13; 05-09-2015, 02:27 AM.
                Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                  I'm just curious, will this have the fully uncensored version of the original film?
                  I'm gonna say probably not. IIRC, the uncut version was released under Kitty Media and I believe this is under Anime Works.

As far as the cover goes, not really digging the blurb on the front.
                  What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

I highly doubt it as well. They never released the uncut version on blu-ray in the first place. I'll most likely pick up the Blu-ray along the way (for liberator) but I like the DVD cover better, looks less copy-paste-ish to me. Now if they released an uncut Kite/Mezzo Forte Double Pack on BD I'd be all over that.

Comment

Originally posted by John Smith View Post
                      I highly doubt it as well. They never released the uncut version on blu-ray in the first place.
                      And there's no way they would release the uncut version together with Liberator. Uncut Kite with uncut Mezzo, sure, but I can't see them mixing hardcore with mainstream action.

Comment

The Blu-ray release is NOT uncut. It's under AnimeWorks label. If it was uncut, it would have been under Kitty Media label. And as Sensuifu noted, there is just no way they will release uncut Kite with Liberator in one packaging.

Comment

This never got updated in this thread, the DVD version did have an updated cover art. See first post.

Comment

Updated Blu-ray Collection cover art added to the first post.

Comment

Not too bad a cover, but I would Sawa on the upper left since she's the original.
                              Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X