• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] [18+] Family Matters

Widgets Magazine

Family Matters due out on 8/26/14.

Re: [18+] Family Matters

I'm gonna need a couple more hands here for the facepalm induced by that tagline.
    My Anime List
    YouTube <- I do collection Videos
    Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

I guess every family is different...
      MAL Profile

Comment

I'm fucking crying here, LOL!
        Magical Girl Worshippers Unlimited - Dedicated to love, justice, frilly outfits, stunning transformations, cute talking furry mascots, and a new monster each and every week!

Gybano

Comment

Originally posted by Gniponmei View Post
          I'm fucking crying here, LOL!
          Browsing through some of the hentai cover threads is always good for a laugh.
          MAL Profile

Comment

I just wonder who's buying these dub-only compilations at this point. I mean, if hentai is in your wheelhouse (as it is in mine), I'm not really sure what the attraction is in paying $25 for a disc that contains a bunch of dub-only scenes cut from a bunch of random titles... some of which I have to believe are making repeat appearances at this point, based on the sheer number of these things Adult Source Media puts out.

Once upon a time, as has been reported, adult B&M stores were a primary purchaser of hentai DVDs. That segment really started to dwindle because of stores closing and because of the proliferation of free material on the Internet, and that in turn put the hurt on hentai DVD releases here, in conjunction with other things like NuTech's legal troubles, the closure of CPM (and concurrently, their Anime 18 label), and the increasing difficulty involved in even getting new titles licensed thanks to stonewalling by prominent companies like Pink Pineapple.

At this point, maybe ASM being able to sell just a handful of discs containing bits and pieces of recycled material is enough? The cost to keep producing them is probably dirt cheap since they already own the material. That said, I'm still not sure who's buying them, except perhaps still adult B&M stores, which are really the best (only?) places you're going to find people who don't care that a disc is just a bunch of dub-only clips, and might in fact prefer it since it's just the hot and heavy content, in English.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
              I just wonder who's buying these dub-only compilations at this point. I mean, if hentai is in your wheelhouse (as it is in mine), I'm not really sure what the attraction is in paying $25 for a disc that contains a bunch of dub-only scenes cut from a bunch of random titles... some of which I have to believe are making repeat appearances at this point, based on the sheer number of these things Adult Source Media puts out.
              I'm certainly not. I also indulge in hentai but I never buy any titles from ASM & for the very same reasons that you just gave. The artwork for this title seems to fit but they really love that tagline, don't they? Mercy.

Once upon a time, as has been reported, adult B&M stores were a primary purchaser of hentai DVDs. That segment really started to dwindle because of stores closing and because of the proliferation of free material on the Internet, and that in turn put the hurt on hentai DVD releases here, in conjunction with other things like NuTech's legal troubles, the closure of CPM (and concurrently, their Anime 18 label), and the increasing difficulty involved in even getting new titles licensed thanks to stonewalling by prominent companies like Pink Pineapple.
              So that's why we've seen very little from Pink Pineapple these days. Some of their older titles are among my favorites like Can Can Bunny Extra, Welcome to Pia Carrot I & II & probably their best title IMO, Koihime.
              Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Natsumi Tsujimoto & Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest!)
              Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
              Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Well, it's clearly hentai and the artwork makes it loud and clear, and then there is that catchphrase on the front.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
                Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
                Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

ASM's just a shadow of its former self at this point. Up until not really that long ago, they were actually putting real releases out there, whether their own new licenses or license-rescues from other companies (including even adding a new in-house label to accommodate a whole haul of former NuTech titles that company lost in the wake of their legal troubles).

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
                  Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                  So that's why we've seen very little from Pink Pineapple these days. Some of their older titles are among my favorites like Can Can Bunny Extra, Welcome to Pia Carrot I & II & probably their best title IMO, Koihime.
                  It's interesting that, not just with ASM but other hentai licensing studios as well, that apparently the older titles remain relatively easy and cheap to keep relicensing. Something like F3, for example, which has been released by three different studios, including a license-re-rescue by Media Blasters barely a year after a license-rescue by TRSI. Then you've got something like the situation with TRSI's Critical Mass label and CPM's Anime 18 titles, which seemed like it was more of a transfer in some fashion rather than a bulk license-rescue operation, since TRSI's re-releases still retain the Anime 18 logo on the packaging, and the discs are just re-pressings of the original CPM discs.

But past a certain point several years ago, setting aside all of the purely domestic issues regarding hentai releases and sales, it just became really difficult to get new hentai titles licensed. Costs stayed high, and Pink Pineapple stopped making their titles available for licensing (I will note here that I may be getting them mixed up with Green Bunny in this regard... unless both studios decided to just cut off licensing).

It's not impossible to do these days, and not just from the old theoretical "give them tons of money" point of view. But there's a lasting intransigence on the part of the Japanese studios that makes it a chore to try and make something happen. But more than that, I'd say, is a lack of impetus on the part of the domestic studios to try, except for, occasionally, Media Blasters. But even with MB, the only new hentai title to make an appearance within the last several years is Aki Sora, which A) is a title managed by Pony Canyon, not one of the regular hentai studios, which is probably the main reason licensing it was not as painful as it might have otherwise been, and B) is barely hentai at all, technically (Amazon Japan is happy to sell the Japanese releases internationally, which it does not do for "Adult" products, and there are no mosaics in the Japanese version because there are no visible genitalia to obscure).
                  asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                  Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                  Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine
                  Working...
                  X